Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of Jeff Eatherly/Robert Musser  (Read 2504 times)
WU0R

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »

Dishonest individuals.  Purchased an item from me, falsified shippind damage.  Shipper (UPS) confirmed they couldn't not find any so called damage.  Just another scam off Ebay.  More details forthcoming, but scammed me on a transaction via ebay.  Beware if they show up here.    Jeff Easterly.  Typed it wrong.  States he is a ham but not in ULS or any known database.  May be a bogus name.  
One buyer and the other, the recipient (RObert Musser KB6kpk).  Beware!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 03:50:38 PM by WU0R » Logged
WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 04:25:20 PM »

Typo:  jeff Easterly.  States he is a ham but has no callsign. Beware.
WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 05:21:58 PM »

A bit more info.  One was the "buyer" Ebay user ID mrnobody703jeff, and the other was the recipient.  Basically, what the entire issue boils down to is, this loser wanted something a bit newer, more pristine and so together, they fabricated the "shipper damage" story, knowing once the claim was filed, either UPS would pay out a bogus damage claim or Ebay, since they don't protect Sellers, would likely pull the funds out of the Sellers account.    Even though it was as advertised, Ebay doesn't support low volume Sellers. 

My first time selling on Ebay and likely my last. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 02:37:33 PM by WU0R » Logged
WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 05:07:51 PM »

To better help some that obviously have never used or understand Ebay, here goes.

Ebay isn't a bulletin board where you list items for sale.  It is an "auction" house where a Seller and a Buyer enter into a contractual obliagation, with EBay taking a cut of the final sale.  What Ebay is also suppose to do, is protect a Seller from a crooked Buyer that lies about an item after receipt, doesn't pay up, etc. and protects the Buyer from a crooked Seller that lists an item with a description that is no where close to the actual condition of the item.  The BUYER has the responsibility if he/she doesn't feel comfortable with the posted item to a).  Ask the Seller questions and get any issues or concerns resolved, b).  Skip bidding and look for something else, or c).  Learn about the item's potential sale value by doing homework before getting on Ebay, or at least, during the bidding time.

If a Buyer bids, wins the bidding and the auction closes, the Buyer is obligated to pay the Seller the final price plus shipping within a specified time limit or some agreeable time when mutually discussed and agreed to.

The Seller sends the item to the Buyer as directed, taking reasonable care and consideration of the method of shipment used (i.e. USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, etc.).  If the Buyer wants addition care taken above and beyond that posted in in teh auction (i.e. have UPS pack and ship, etc.), then that has to be conveyed and agreed to pror to shipment.

Once the Buyer receives the item, he/she cannot just send the item back to the Seller for their money back just becuase a).  They didn't know what they were buying, b)> it isn't exactly what they wanted, c). it isn't in the exact condition that would prefer it to be in (i.e. mint when advertised as used, etc.), d). they changed their mind.  It is a contractual obligation for teh buyer to accept the item, and if not satisfied other than it not being exactly as advertised, they have an obligation to keep it, ditch it, re-sell it, do a better job next time in researching an item.  We probably have all been their before.

In some instances, contacting the Sller and asking if they might consider taking the item back with a partial refund, most Sellers would do so, unless specified in the posting, No Refundor return.
WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 05:13:54 PM »

So, when the Buyer goes around that system and attempts to get their money back thru fraudulent means, as in lying about the condition of the item and blaming it on the Seller's packing the shipper, etc. that is a scam.  Unless there is concrete proof that REAL and VERIFIABLE shipping damage did in fact occur, they have a responsibility to request a shipper damage claim from the shipper source and there should be reasonable expectation of receiving some amount of "claim funds" from the shipper if real damage did occur in shipping.

Fabricating shipping damage, withholding shipping packing to make it appear inadequately packed, poorly handled, etc. if deceit.  If a person purchases something in error, it is their mistake and they must deal with it, instead of making or scamming a shipper or seller out of any amount of funds to recoop their stupidity in buying something that they have no knowledge or no research info on.  In other words, this isn't a pair of pants from the store that don't fit, this is more like buying a used car from a wholesaler, AS IS, NO WARRANTY, and then complaining a month later that the automobile has some issue you didn't bother to voice early on, or check out prior to slapping the money down.

Breaching a contract is just that.  You are not honoring your contractual obligation and taking measures to go around the truth and the system, is just dishonesty, lacking integrity and to me, a bottom feeder.  Period. 
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 07:07:31 PM »

I've noted eBay rhymes with "stay away."

Coincidence perhaps.
WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 05:56:13 AM »

You go that right Steve!

If one were to pull stats on the problems, ripp offs, albeit less then the good transactions, I am sure there would be host of them and people would be really surprised...
WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 03:30:45 PM »

So, basically what I get is money pulled out of my bank account without my authorization, all the while EBay and Pay Pal decide what to do, which will undoubtedly end up in shafting me and giving this bottom feeder his money for something he didn't know what he was buying, lied about the item, and all the while he had it, opened it up, poked around in it, etc.  What a great system.  Never again Ebay..thanks for the scathing bad experience and BTW, thanks for protecting the Seller's from dishonest individuals like this....
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 03:51:17 PM »

I like Craig's List and such better.  Items and cash exchange hands in the same personal transaction, and it's done.

"Remote" buying and selling never got me excited, probably never will.
N0ZNA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 09:03:32 PM »

I have sold some things on flebay,but been lucky.I like qrz.com better.73s de JW
WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 10:39:50 AM »

I like Craig's List and such better.  Items and cash exchange hands in the same personal transaction, and it's done.

"Remote" buying and selling never got me excited, probably never will.

I have to agree with that too Steve.  My first experience and now my last.  I am certain Escam and FleaPay stand behind the Sellers.....(laughter starts to subside)
WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 05:41:54 PM »

Well. even though I have substantial documentation, photos to prove my case, EScam  gave Jeff Easterly and Robert Musser (KB6KPK) my money, even though what they bought was exactly as identified.  A new scam, probably a well used on, with EScam.  Seller Protection is a joke.  Never again....

Avoid doing business with either name should you come across them on the swap boards, or anywhere else...not honest individuals to be certain...
Supposedly will get the item sent back to me, (won't hold my breath) after the ass poked around in it without my authorization. Likely won't work when it returns, if it returns.

Never again with Ebay....Craigslist if anyone wants to find items with a face to face.

Gotta love Escam..that is exactly what it is for low volume sellers...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 03:52:36 PM by WU0R » Logged
WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 06:20:24 AM »

Hopefully, the final update.....

After continually contacting EScam and Pay Pal, without resolution, I called and told them it has been weeks, and this loser is attempting to get money and he to date, has not shipped my item back...

So they finally ruled in my favor, got my money back and he can do what he wants with the item I sold him...I have a few suggestions....

This is really become a problematic scam by fraudulent buyers....so if either of these two approach you, BEWARE.

I stand behind every transaction I do, on the swap boards, in person, anywhere.  I bent over backwards trying to make these two clowns happy and in the end, they tried to rip off UPS, Me and Ebay and they lost....

Integrity and honesty is important to me, but not to a select few...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: