Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tennadyne T8 Slipp-Nott Information  (Read 1612 times)
AB5Q

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2011, 06:54:30 AM »

Can someone tell me the center to center bolt hole spacing for the Tennadyne T8's Slipp-Nott mast bracket? I'm also looking for length and width dimensions for the bracket as well.  I need this information to machine parts in order to correct a fundamental problem with my T8's Slipp-Nott. This information would save me one less trip up the tower so your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

John - AB5Q
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 02:33:19 PM by AB5Q » Logged
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 04:58:55 PM »

If the following doesn't answer your question, why not give the company a call and ask?

http://www.tennadyne.com/slipp_nott.htm

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
AB5Q

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 02:43:16 PM »

If you know the secret to getting a response out of Tennadyne these days please let me know. 

John - AB5Q
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 05:18:27 PM »

Are you actually making a phone call or using email.

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
N3ZC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 07:56:29 AM »

I had a Slipp-Nott issue & never had a problem with them via email or phone..In fact, Rog was quite up front & responded quickly..I called him once & just ragchewed on the phone for an hour a while back about my Slipp-Nott, antennas, etc... Smiley

Good Luck,
                         73'..Tom N3ZC
AB5Q

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 11:04:51 PM »

Aha, your the reason why (N3ZC) I couldn't get through, rag chewing with him for an hour Smiley. There are different versions of Slipp-Notts floating around, the two-clamp version for a T-8 against a 1/4"-6061T6 mast slips when hit with 40-60 MPH gusts. If you carefully analyze the two-clamp design you'll understand what is occurring. You can hear a loud "pop" when it slips and no it's not installation error. Email worked the best, I finally got through and the second set of clamps arrived today.

Thanks for the comments - John AB5Q
N3ZC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 06:42:03 AM »

My problem was that I had purchased one that would supposedly fit a Yaesu 1000DXA rotator. It didn't fit, so he sent another version, & it didn't fit either, so he refunded my money...(the mast is now pinned to the rotator). He was always right up front with me & responded quickly to any concerns I had...

73'..Tom N3ZC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: