Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TS-590S: Owner's Manual and In-Depth Manual?  (Read 7027 times)
AB3MO

Ignore
« on: July 11, 2011, 04:02:01 PM »

Have unsuccessfully tried to download pdf files of the above manuals from the Kenwood web site.  Just bought a TS-590S and I would like to know everything possible about it.  I use FireFox, not IE7, 8, or 9 -- that may be the problem.
-
Would someone be kind enough to e-mail the pdf files as attachments, to me?
-
Have yet to put it on the air, but the receiver, on an awful antenna (15 ft of wire), does quite well.  It's a carefully thought out and well-crafted piece of work
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 07:09:11 PM »

Have unsuccessfully tried to download pdf files of the above manuals from the Kenwood web site.  Just bought a TS-590S and I would like to know everything possible about it.  I use FireFox, not IE7, 8, or 9 -- that may be the problem.

Does it abort download or is it that you just cannot find them after you download them because firefox is pretty darn reliable on downloads.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 07:10:28 PM »

Hi David,

visit http://www.radiomanual.eu/KENWOOD.html

all pdf no cost very fast site.

73 james
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 06:20:34 PM »

David,
If you want someone to e-mail to you, it would help if you provided an e-mail address.
It's marked "hidden" in your profile.
Mel - KS2G
AB3MO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 08:49:28 AM »

Thanks, guys, sorry about the e-mail address omission (gaseous emission from brain!).  I successfully downloaded needed documents using IE7. Suspected after several attempts that Firefox was the problem rather than a temporary glitch. Some web sites do block downloads through Firefox in preference to IE's by excessively optimizing their site for a particular browser.
W9CW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 07:08:48 PM »

For downloading PDFs, Chrome or Opera are far superior browsers than either IE or Firefox.  And, if you really want to speed up your PDFs, get rid of the bloated Acrobat Reader, and use Foxit reader.  Fully compatible and with a very small footprint, plus it's fast, very fast.  I've dumped Acrobat Reader on all of my PCs in favor of Foxit.
HB9PJT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 04:59:23 AM »

Foxit reader is small and fast but my experience is that documents are hard to read at the screen because of poor smoothing of the font compared to the acrobat.

73, Peter - HB9PJT
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 09:53:43 AM »

I know what the owners manual and service manual are, but just curious what the In depth manual is for the 590. I am going to buy the 590 soon. 73 Jim W5JJG
WA9UAA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 02:38:43 PM »

The 'In Depth Manual" spends a lot of time on the design philosophy and why the rig was designed the way it was. Please give it good read, especially if you are not going to use an amplifier.
Best,
Rob WA9UAA
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 08:27:07 PM »

I've never heard of an "In Depth Manual".
Where does one find such a thing for the '590?
Mel - KS2G
KM3F

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 08:42:51 AM »

There is also an in depth Manuel for the TS 480 if anyone cares to have one.
The big big difference is the rcvr filtering response between the two otherwise the 480 is still very good overall for the cost.
I have tried the the 590 here and do see the improvement but still at his point not ready to give up the 480 because it does what I want for the present.
W9CW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 06:09:29 AM »

Foxit reader is small and fast but my experience is that documents are hard to read at the screen because of poor smoothing of the font compared to the acrobat.

73, Peter - HB9PJT

With the current version of Foxit, I don't believe that is a problem as the fonts look fine to me on my 20" LCD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: