Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe you're a lid if...  (Read 4772 times)
KX5JT

Ignore
« on: July 18, 2011, 02:06:27 AM »

I'm calling CQ with plenty of open waterfall in a mode like OLIVIA and you come back to me in PSK over and over.....
KX5JT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 02:09:28 AM »

... when I call CQ in CONTESTIA and start a QSO on a spacious unoccupied portion of 30 meters (10.142) and you come back to me stating I'm a lid for operating CONTESTIA when there's DX being reported on a DX Cluster.... REALLY?  Why don't you give me your callsign kind sir?  (still nothing seen on the waterfall other than my QSO and this guy)

He calls ME a lid?  He doesn't even SIGN.  If I watch the waterfall for several minutes to make sure the frequency is clear and start a QSO.. HOW AM I THE LID?

Get a life!
KX5JT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 02:12:02 AM »

Thanks for letting me vent EHAM.
MI0MSR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 05:16:49 AM »

Have to agree with you John have had this happen to me as well  Angry

Mel MI0MSR
N4UM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 08:55:43 AM »

...your stupid macro keeps calling me "Timothy S. Cotton" - (my name as it appears in the FCC data on QRZ.com) even though I've already told you to please call me "Tim."

de Timothy S. Cotton
N0SYA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 09:46:39 AM »

I wonder if we can program our pcs to lid for us?

If you have a clumsy child, you make them wear a helmet. If you have death prone children, you keep a few clones of them in your lab.
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 05:10:05 PM »

If I ask you what equipment your station consists of and you simply macro back
"73, Thanks for this digital contact on XX/XX/2011"

I hate when I try to get a conversation going and someone does that to me. IMO there are two reasons for this.

1. The guy can't type so all he uses are marcos to make contacts. I can understand this with foreign contacts. But when you work a fellow VE3 and this happens, LID.

2. The guy can not carry on a conversation, so he operates digital and only uses macros.

Either way, LID......................
KG4LMZ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 05:36:47 AM »

I hate when I try to get a conversation going and someone does that to me. IMO there are two reasons for this.

1. The guy can't type so all he uses are marcos to make contacts. I can understand this with foreign contacts. But when you work a fellow VE3 and this happens, LID.

2. The guy can not carry on a conversation, so he operates digital and only uses macros.

3. He can't remember which key has the "my station" macro assigned.  Grin
KG6MZS

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 09:16:36 AM »

... you answer my CQ on the exact frequency I called CQ with a CQ of your own.  If you hit the wrong button it is called the ESC key people!

Smiley

73 de Eric, KG6MZS
K2CMH

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 12:20:11 PM »

I have been wanting to try Olivia and Contestia but can't ever seem to find anyone operating.  Can you tell me what frequencies you are calling CQ on for each of those two modes?  I would like to see if I can catch you on the air some time.  What time do you usually operate?

Carlton
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 01:42:15 PM »

I have been wanting to try Olivia and Contestia but can't ever seem to find anyone operating.  Can you tell me what frequencies you are calling CQ on for each of those two modes?  I would like to see if I can catch you on the air some time.  What time do you usually operate?

Carlton

Hi Carlton

I operate Olivia on 7.072.5 and also on 3.582. Lately there has not be a lot of activity on Olivia. On 20 you can check 14,075, 14.077 and 14.106/14.108.

If you want to set up a sked for Olivia on 40 let me know.
73, Rick VE3FMC
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 01:46:38 PM »

Now that's funny right there! and you are likely 100 % correct. If they do not want to rag chew maybe they should try JT65. If all they are interested in is filling log pages that is the mode to use. I know, my log is filling up. However I like the mode because I like to see where my signal is being heard by logging onto the JT65 HF RB data site.

Once winter comes I will be getting back on Olivia for some 40/80 meter rag chews.
N5PVL

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 05:54:36 AM »

I wonder if we can program our pcs to lid for us?

SCS corporation sells the PACTORIII boxes that transmit 2.4khz digital hash with no ability to listen for existing QSOs on the frequency before transmitting.

Anybody who operates this equipment on the ham bands is, by definition, a lid.

Just take it out of the box - hook it up - and you are set to be an instant lid.

- And there's a bonus!

The longer you operate this equipment - and the more QSO's you trash out - the BIGGER lid you will get to be!

All of the really big lids use SCS equipment, and so should you - if you want to be a lid.

It's easy! - ANY idiot can do it!

73 DE Charles, N5PVL

KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 11:41:30 AM »

Now that's funny right there! and you are likely 100 % correct. If they do not want to rag chew maybe they should try JT65. If all they are interested in is filling log pages that is the mode to use. I know, my log is filling up. However I like the mode because I like to see where my signal is being heard by logging onto the JT65 HF RB data site.

Once winter comes I will be getting back on Olivia for some 40/80 meter rag chews.

So, you are saying that anyone who doesn't rag chew is a LID? 
K2CMH

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 12:36:32 PM »

>Rick VE3FMC: If you want to set up a sked for Olivia on 40 let me know.

Thanks, I just may take you up on that.  I'm assuming I can contact you at your email listed on qrz?  Btw, I see from your picture on qrz that you are using the FT-950....same rig I am using.

Carlton
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: