Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radiowavz - Be Aware  (Read 7238 times)
N1ZHE

Ignore
« on: July 28, 2011, 10:53:10 AM »

You should know from the very beginning that Radiowavz's stated return policy posted on their web site and probably on the packaging somewhere is any antenna that has been put into service cannot be returned.

Last winter I bought a 6 meter double bazooka antenna from Radiowavz. It arrived well packaged and in apparent excellent condition.

So I had a problem, a ham with a new toy. Way too much snow on the ground to try to put it up permanently so I hung it loosely from the rafters in the garage. When I wanted to play with it I would string a piece of coax out to it and hook it up, I never put more than 100 watts through it, I don't own an amplifier.

One day I hooked it up and when I tried to transmit my Omni VII gave me a high current warning which means very high SWR. I tried to get a reading on my SWR meter but my radio shut itself off so the finals wouldn't be hurt. I tried a different piece of coax with the same results. Both pieces of coax tested good with an ohm meter. The antenna showed a dead short but it's a "shorted design" antenna so it would.

In my frustration I called Radiowavz in spite of their stated return policy. I asked the very nice lady who answered if there was something I could do to repair the antenna, she got one of the engineers on the line. He stated that the way the antenna was made and sealed no user repairs of this type were possible but he would really like to see that antenna back to see why it failed. I was then put back on the line with the lady and she told me Radiowavz would replace my antenna at their expense, regardless of their stated return policy. All they requested was when I received the replacement antenna that I return my failed antenna so they could an analysis to determine why it failed.

This was before Memorial Day, she said it would be fabricated and shipped the week after Memorial Day (2011). I'm still waiting.

I tried contacting them through their web email form, no answer. I call and leave voicemail, then never return my calls.

I guess they decided to honor their stated return policy after all. I wish they had the guts to tell me instead of leaving me hanging.
N4UED

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 11:34:07 AM »

IM SORRY YOU HAD A PROBLEM .
I BUILD ALL OF MY ANTENNAS .
THIS SHOULD SHOW OTHERS THAT QUALITY AND THEIR WORD IS NOT VERY GOOD .
THIS SHOULD BE TOLD TO ANY HAM BEFORE THEY PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY .
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 05:09:37 PM »

Phone calls, voice mail, e-mail......and unsatisfactory results.

You might be pleasantly be surprised to see the change in company
"attitude" a Certified Return Receipt Letter addressed to the "Customer Service Manager",
(and including print outs from threads like this) will bring about.

So stand in line a few minutes at the Post Office and spend a few extra bucks.
I bet you will soon hear a different tune.

And if you *know* the name of the "Customer Service Manager"
or owner, send it Certified or Registered AND spend the extra buck or two
to send the letter "Restricted Delivery: Addressee Only"
That means the receptionist or front desk person has to call the guy up front
 AND have to show his ID to sign for the thing.
(IF the postman is concientious....)
That will get his attention.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:12:04 PM by AD6KA » Logged
N1ZHE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 10:28:18 AM »

Phone calls, voice mail, e-mail......and unsatisfactory results.

You might be pleasantly be surprised to see the change in company
"attitude" a Certified Return Receipt Letter addressed to the "Customer Service Manager",
(and including print outs from threads like this) will bring about.

So stand in line a few minutes at the Post Office and spend a few extra bucks.
I bet you will soon hear a different tune.

And if you *know* the name of the "Customer Service Manager"
or owner, send it Certified or Registered AND spend the extra buck or two
to send the letter "Restricted Delivery: Addressee Only"
That means the receptionist or front desk person has to call the guy up front
 AND have to show his ID to sign for the thing.
(IF the postman is concientious....)
That will get his attention.

Very good ideas indeed. At this point, I wouldn't have one of their products in my shack on a bet. Sure I lost some money in this but if they keep this up the market will take care of the problem by ceasing to do business with them. Hard to make a profit, meet payroll, etc with no business.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 01:48:58 PM »

I went to their site just now and their policy doesn't make much sense.

They say they will gladly replace any defective antenna, but will not allow any "used" antenna, e.g., one that has been unpacked and installed, to be returned.

How would anyone know if it's defective or not unless they install it?

It's a contradictory statement.

I'd pass on anything from  this company.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 06:15:43 PM »

Why don't you just take the time and call them again.  The CSM probably had a "brain fart" and forgot all about you.  A phone call instead of an e-mail may serve to remind them--and you may get satisfaction.
KJ4FUU

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 05:05:54 AM »

They say they will gladly replace any defective antenna, but will not allow any "used" antenna, e.g., one that has been unpacked and installed, to be returned.

1.) I don't work for them,

2.) I've never bought anything from them,

3.) The difference might be between replace and RETURN FOR REFUND.

-- Tom
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 02:20:12 PM »

1.) I don't work for them,

2.) I've never bought anything from them,

3.) The difference might be between replace and RETURN FOR REFUND.

-- Tom

Could be, but if so they should clarify.  Right now their policy reads:
"RETURNS Products are not eligible for return if they have been used or in any way put into service. Custom Antennas are non refundable. Antennas, once opened, are not returnable."

Period.
N3JBH

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 06:42:33 PM »

Yepper that what is say's

If you have any questions or are interested in any of our fine products please feel free to call or e-mail us. If you would like to order product and prefer not to use pay pal. Just jot down what fine product you would like. Please include Name Callsign address and product type. You can send us check or money orders. E-mail us with the information and we will have the order ready to ship when payment arrives. RETURNS Products are not eligible for return if they have been used or in any way put into service. Custom Antennas are non refundable. Antennas, once opened, are not returnable. All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee, are less shipping and must be received within 10 days of your receiving a RETURN AUTHORIZATION number. Returns will not be accepted unless AUTHORIZED. Refunds will be issued in the same form of payment as the original purchase. All returned products must be complete as shipped. Products may not be returned without a copy of the original sales slip Defective products will be repaired, replaced or refunded at our option. Shipping on all returns, exchanges, and defective items is the responsibility of the customer.

RadioWavz

607 Blue Cove Terace
 Lake Saint Louis, MO. 63367
Email sales@radiowavz.us
(636)265-0448

NI4Z

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 08:11:57 PM »

My first source of information is usually via Internet.  Radiowavz website is pretty vague as to information on their products.  I called them a few weeks ago and asked them for specific information which they stated they would email to me.  When I didn't receive anything in 24 hours I emailed the person with whom I spoke and asked for the information I wanted.  I never got a reply. After a wait of 3 or 4 days I called back and reminded them I was looking for product information.  I was assured it would be promptly forthcoming.  It's been quite some time now, and I have decided Radiowavz doesn't need to sell me anything.  The only reason I can come up with for a manufacturer to be so vague is there are problems with some of their products. 

If someone at Radiowavz happens to read this, I no longer desire information.  Another manufacturer provided good information and I purchased their product.

Condy NI4Z
KJ4RWH

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 06:27:33 PM »

I was just looking at their website and it would seem they have no idea what they are talking about on several levels. They made this statement regarding their NVIS antenna, "The frequency range of the antenna is 2.0 to 30.0 MHz and maximum rf power capacity is 1000 watts pep, or average. It’s tactical and practical !! (emphasis is mine) Huh
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 07:04:26 AM »

I wouldn't buy from any company whose name is spelled like it was made up by some emo-kid as he tagged it onto the bottom of his skateboard in permanent marker.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: