Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VHF Repeater Listings  (Read 5680 times)
N5UNG

Ignore
« on: August 08, 2011, 01:05:15 PM »

What is best source for accurate VHF repeater frequencies?  I hear horror stories about ARRL TravelPlus and ARRL Repeater Directory.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 01:11:07 PM »

The information in ANY repeater directory is only as good as the repeater owners/licensees provide to the publishing entity. The ARRL directories are no more inaccurate (or accurate) than any other.

All any directory can do is indicate that there is a licensed repeater on any given frequency pair or at any given location. There is no guarantee that the repeater listed is actually working and on the air.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 01:14:13 PM by W3LK » Logged

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
N5UNG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 01:14:57 PM »

W3LK! You are really correct in your statement.  I would probably do well in checking various club websites to obtain accurate info.  Thanks!
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 01:16:42 PM »

W3LK! You are really correct in your statement.  I would probably do well in checking various club websites to obtain accurate info.  Thanks!

If you are looking for the machines in the Beaumont/Golden Triangle area, your best bet is to contact the local hams and ask them. BTW, I lived in Beaumont in '66-'67.

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 04:37:51 AM »

Check the internet.  Google "ham repeaters" and the state that you're looking for them in. Chances are that there will be an on-line directory that you can use to reference.  With the way things are, you're bound to find that some information is outdated, but at least you can see if the machine you're looking for is listed.
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 05:08:12 AM »

For up to date repeater listings in Arizona try

Azrepeaters.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: