Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW sending software  (Read 1490 times)
WB0MBI

Ignore
« on: September 28, 2002, 12:55:03 PM »

The past couple of months, I have noticed that I am losing my hand coordination and my cw sending is just lousy.

Now this may be heresy to some, but I am considering CW by computer keyboard.  I am still doing okay with my "keyboarding", or typing as my generation calls it.

I would like to know sites for free software being the thrifty sort.

Also I need to find the source for a circuit to link the computer to the radio.

Thanks for your help
W4TYU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2002, 09:13:57 AM »

Most of the Computer logging programs have provision for computer generated Morse Code (both automatic replies and keyboard sent)  The interface requires only a transistor and a couple of resistors.  You can download demo programs for free and then purchase if they fit your needs.

Look at TR LOG (contests) LogEQF (general log) MiLog (general) and several others.

ole man JEAN W4TYU
VE2XLT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2002, 11:14:15 PM »

K1EL makes a very cheap and nice CW keyer K20
which runs by any computer keaboard as well. I am his very happy customer - get it and enjoy ! Just 25$
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1129
http://www.k1el.com/
VE2CU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2002, 04:21:32 PM »

You might also look at K1NU's keying interface cable (about $25); goes to your serial port. As well, there's lots of freeware and shareware you can download. I've tried Hamscope 1.51. This one can send as well as decode, via your sound card. You'd need another simple shielded cable from your sound card to the rig. I liked the setup but still in love with my vibrokeyer.

Hope you find your ideal setup.

73,  Michel
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2003, 11:41:23 PM »

qrz.com has a huge pile of free and cheep software.. I think there is a cw typing program or 7 there  check it out
W4YA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2003, 07:06:04 AM »

N1MM Logger is free. It is WINDOWS based. It has general and contest logging, CW keybaord sending, schematics for computer to rig interface (real simple - just a NPN transistor and a resistor.) http://pages.cthome.net/n1mm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: