Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QS1R Feedback  (Read 27023 times)
KX0O

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2012, 09:06:56 AM »

Thanks.. I did search again.. tough to dig anything out of the searches here
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2012, 09:19:00 AM »

It is easier if you click on a poster's ID and then select 'show the last posts of this person' (or something to that effect).

Gene
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2012, 10:35:16 AM »

I am interested in this project too.  Maybe Gene will write an article about it someday.   Wink

You may find this helpful:

eHam Forums / Software Defined Radio / RE: QS1R Receiver can now transmit (QS1E available)  on: September 01, 2012, 05:12:48 AM  
Quote from: ZENKI on August 31, 2012, 05:24:17 PM
Where did you buy the PCB boards for the project from?  Its a shame that the ARRL chose to release the project PCB files in a propriety PCB format.  Gerber files could have been used anywhere in the world. Besides
all PCB packages can import  Gerber files.  Its a real expensive nuisance having PCB boards manufactured in the USA when I could have had them milled or produced locally for a cheaper price.

I did my own PCB (photo etch) that integrates the 2x VRF151 stage, the 2x VRF148 driver stage, and the pre-driver stage onto a single PCB.  With the pre-driver, I needed to take the 0 dBm output of the exciter up to a level that would drive the 2x VRF148 stage.  I went back and carefully adjusted the biases and took measurements again.  Worst case IMD is about -43 dB now.   I used FreePCB software to lay out the PCB http://www.freepcb.com/

Gene
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: