Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KANTRONICS SOFTWARE NEEDED  (Read 2077 times)
W3EK

Ignore
« on: August 25, 2011, 02:57:07 PM »

I currently have the following Kantronics TNC'c- the  KamPlus and the Packetcommunicator 3. In a recent move the software was lost. I have tried with no success to download the software from the Kantronics website, with no luck. Is there anyone who has a set(s) of the disks or cd-rom who would be able to copy it for me? Am gladly willing to pay for it. Thanks, Rich/ W3ECU
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 04:09:22 PM »

If you don't find any software, most generic TNC/packet software that will work with TNC-2 protocol will work for accessing the modem. Using the command line commands, you should be able to set the hardware to the correct mode.  For RTTY, you should be able to setup using a dumb terminal like Hyperterminal and then PERM the setup. Sure, it will power up in RTTY mode but if that is what you want, you're in like Flint!

Do you have the manuals? You will need these to get all the commands to use (providing you don't have them memorized Smiley )

I had a copy of KA-Gold s/w (came with my KAM) but last time I tried to use it, it kept asking for the registration number which I did not have and would not work. Sorry, I no longer have any Kantronic stuff at all except scans of the KAM and KPC-3 manuals.

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
KB6HOH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 02:29:33 AM »

Rich,

Check you Email from me.

73 de Steve KB6HOH
                       kb6hoh@comcast.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up