Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top of the DXCC Honor Roll  (Read 25703 times)
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2013, 07:03:52 PM »

QUOTE - In some ways the chase has gotten easier, spotting networks, electronic QSLing, great antenna software.  I think you are right, as usual Peter, Geo Politics will be the big hurdle for us relative newcomers.  

----

Yes, like everything else around us.. the QSL process is much faster.   You can get a QSL by the time you finish your QSO and look it up.   Software automatically uploads and e-services match.

I enjoy the cards more, but getting the log confirmed quickly is nice.   I prefer both and I send out QSL cards for new Countries.  I just finished my States.   I'll do QSL cards for WAS with 80 and 160M.   The others will be electronic.

Have fun doing it... open your presents too fast and Christmas is over and you need to pickup all the trash...

I do enjoy cards to some extent. But there are countries that I have clean sweeps on that I don't have cards for. Am I going to send for one? Probably not. Maybe some day there will be a special event out of those places and I will get one. But I guess being a product of the Information Age (I'm 31) the tangable card just isn't that important to me. But that's what makes this sub-hobby (DXing) fun. There is something for everyone.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2013, 08:05:29 PM »

As I've said elsewhere, at this stage of the game, the only paper cards I really want are ATNOs. I'll send for band and modefills when I can't get a LoTW hit but for those, electronic is absolutely my preference. I have 6, nearly 7, full shoeboxen of cards, none of which I particularly care about. The album is a big source of pride, though!

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2013, 01:04:36 AM »

I want one QSL for each State and I think I want to get one for 80 and 160M because that's not going to be that easy.

I also want 1 QSO from each Country so I can put them in order of either QSO date or Country Prefix.  A nice complete set sounds nice but I'm so far away from all that - it's just a thought at this moment...   Grin

Yep, everyone do whatever they want.. however they want..
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2013, 07:17:34 AM »

As I've said elsewhere, at this stage of the game, the only paper cards I really want are ATNOs. I'll send for band and modefills when I can't get a LoTW hit but for those, electronic is absolutely my preference. I have 6, nearly 7, full shoeboxen of cards, none of which I particularly care about. The album is a big source of pride, though!

I don't even bother with sending for paper cards when I can. With PT0S which was an ATNO for me I just sent a donation. They confirmed to LoTW and that is good enough for me.

I am almost ready to submit for challenge and 300 entities so I'm just waiting on a few paper cards and I'm getting aggressive about confirming the challenge points. Most of the paper cards I've sent for were stateside managers where it's easy to get a reply.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2013, 07:54:37 AM »

I don't even bother with sending for paper cards when I can. With PT0S which was an ATNO for me I just sent a donation. They confirmed to LoTW and that is good enough for me.

I am almost ready to submit for challenge and 300 entities so I'm just waiting on a few paper cards and I'm getting aggressive about confirming the challenge points. Most of the paper cards I've sent for were stateside managers where it's easy to get a reply.

I forget Ryan, how many band DXCC are you up to?

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
AC7DX

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2013, 10:28:31 AM »

I am lucky enough to have #1 DXCC HR and 7band DXCC....many more bands to do
Ron
AC7DX
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2013, 10:46:37 AM »

967 confirmed on LoTW, plus about 25 in paper cards.

Worked it's 1251. So I have quite a gap in challenge.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2013, 11:08:11 AM »

That's an expensive gap too.

How many band DXCC do you have?

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2013, 11:21:44 AM »

Four.

I have 3 left on 80 for 5 band DXCC.

Some of these I'm sending via the bureau so it's not *that* expensive. Quite a few have stateside managers too. I'm aiming for the low hanging fruit for now.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 11:24:11 AM by N2RJ » Logged
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2013, 12:32:14 PM »

Four.

Some of these I'm sending via the bureau so it's not *that* expensive. Quite a few have stateside managers too. I'm aiming for the low hanging fruit for now.
Still plenty of those out there. With that Beverage setup you have I'm still surprised you're not over 200 on 80 by now.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2013, 12:51:53 PM »

I'm at 1456 slots worked, 1159 confirmed in LOTW. As recently as 4 months ago, I was about 950 confirmed in LOTW, at which point I started chasing WARC band fills which were LOTW users (you know, rare things like, "USA on 12 meters") which I had never bothered with before and boom-bang-zing I was over 1000 for DXCC challenge.

I'm going to make a few selected direct+GS requests (mostly those that get me to 9BDXCC), but I can't imagine doing that for more than 10 entities. The rest, in an attempt to get to 1500 DXCC challenge in next couple years, will be by bureau or maybe they'll come in by LOTW in the meantime. Getting to 2000 DXCC challenge? Wow, that's too far ahead for me!
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2013, 01:56:55 PM »

That's a lot of slots..  I heard there were a lot of slots in vegas too!  hehe hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdQC-DD9fz4
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2013, 05:47:26 PM »

That's a lot of slots..  I heard there were a lot of slots in vegas too!  hehe hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdQC-DD9fz4

Hahahahha. Or Huuua Huuua Huuua.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2013, 05:59:15 PM »

The rest, in an attempt to get to 1500 DXCC challenge in next couple years, will be by bureau or maybe they'll come in by LOTW in the meantime. Getting to 2000 DXCC challenge? Wow, that's too far ahead for me!

I'm at 2610 worked and 2592 confirmed in the Challenge, with a great many sent direct with G$$. Not a cheap proposition, but ultimately rewarding for me personally. Could have bought a nicely-loaded K3 with what I spent on postage, though!

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2013, 08:14:20 PM »

Four.

Still plenty of those out there. With that Beverage setup you have I'm still surprised you're not over 200 on 80 by now.

I don't have time to DX. I havent been on the radio in a couple of days and when I get on I'm often called away after 10 minutes.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: