Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a Color Monitor be hooked up to a ICOM 706MKIIG?  (Read 2049 times)
W8DMC

Ignore
« on: September 17, 2011, 08:00:27 PM »

I'm intereted in knowing if one can hook up a color portable monitor to a ICOM 706MKIIG, for viewing freq. changes, etc. W8DMC
Remarks or recommendations: dmcasamer@gmail.com     Thanks
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 09:21:22 AM »

Not sure.  Give it a try and see.

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 12:50:49 PM »

Yes it can, provided you have computer in between to make it all possible.  The short answer is NO.
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 01:46:30 PM »

Not directly, but free software called Ham Radio Deluxe and a cheap cable from eBay will pretty much get you there and also let you control the rig from your PC. DX Labs is well worth checking out, too, it is what I use for logging, cluster monitoring, awards tracking and rig control but it isn't as pretty as HRD.
N5VTU

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 08:40:40 PM »

None of the IC-706 versions have a video output port.  The IC-7000 does have video out that can directly connect to a monitor.
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 04:53:23 PM »

.... but free software called Ham Radio Deluxe ....

.... DX Labs ... it isn't as pretty as HRD.

Better check out the latest news about HRD going commercial. May not be free for much longer.

As to DX Lab, if you want something pretty, use HRD. But if you want a powerful, user-friendly, flexible, guarenteed FREE suite of ham station logging, operating and control applications, check out DX Lab Suite. Personal opinion, hands down better than HRD!

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 08:36:54 AM »

.... but free software called Ham Radio Deluxe ....

.... DX Labs ... it isn't as pretty as HRD.

Better check out the latest news about HRD going commercial. May not be free for much longer.

As to DX Lab, if you want something pretty, use HRD. But if you want a powerful, user-friendly, flexible, guarenteed FREE suite of ham station logging, operating and control applications, check out DX Lab Suite. Personal opinion, hands down better than HRD!

Gene W5DQ

Well, I assumed someone asking about attaching a color monitor to their rig would prefer the visually appealing and colorful HRD, and version 4 (and apparently the upcoming 5.01) will ALWAYS be free and work FB on an old Icom. Even if the new guys stop hosting version 4, it's out there, and they've promised that a new version of 5 with bug fixes will be free.

But yes, DX Lab is my preference, too. The more I explore it, the more useful it is! Excellent support as well.

73, Geoff

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: