Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW Software for a 20WPM Extra who forgot!  (Read 589 times)
KB0FHP

Ignore
« on: November 03, 2002, 10:41:40 PM »

I am embarassed to say, but I have forgotten most of my CW.  I have been inactive for a number of years, and this is something that obviously slipped.  Is there a windows based program that will help me get back the letters I have forgotten, before I get back to operating (starting in the novice portions)?  I realize that operating is the best way to get my speed up, but I need to take a refresher course...

Thanks

Scott de KB0FHP
K1ZC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 09:21:13 AM »

NuMorse Pro is my favorite.  $35 I think, and has speeds up to 50WPM with extra sound effects that simulate band conditions.

Test copy can be downloaded from www.nu-ware.com so that you can try it out.  Send the registration fee and it convert from a test copy to full copy.
K1RDD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2002, 09:56:04 AM »

CodeQuick is the best out there, in my opinion. I couldn't learn CW until I tried it. I also use Rufz, becuase the majority of my CW is contesting. I can contest at 20wpm+, although my conversational CW is only around 10wpm.
N0PP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2002, 09:12:04 PM »

Try

http://www.qsl.net/g4fon/CW Trainer.htm

(note the space in this URL, between "CW" and "Trainer.htm")

It is a CW trainer that works with the Koch method (one of the best methods to (re-)learn the code), it has features like adding noise, and it is available for free.
W4YA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2002, 06:03:49 AM »

I agree with N0PP. The free G4FON program is the best CW trainer you could use.

73, Jim W4YA
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2002, 07:13:15 PM »

go to  http://www.g4fon.co.uk/  and down load his free  soft ware.  there is also a program there you can use to type in on the computer and it scores for you too.  this is the koch method. you start with 2 characters at 20 wpm, thenlisten and copy for 5 minutes.  when you get 90% on the two, add one letter and go again.  when you have all of the 46 numbers, prosigns and letters learned, you know code at 20 wpm, which is useful, and you can pass the 5 wpm test in your sleep..  Ray has made this a great program  73  tom N6AJR
KB0FHP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2002, 04:09:50 PM »

Thank you very much.  I downloaded the program and am trying to remember the charectors.  Although I have found out that I haven't forgotten as much as I had thought, just a lot slower!

See you on the bands (in the slow portion.....)

W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2003, 09:26:31 PM »

Scott -

It really comes back very quickly if you set the character speed to about 18 wpm and spacing from 10 to 15 wpm .... then rachet it up to 22 wpm and 18 wpm spacing ... ARRL bulletins -- especially sunspot -- will imporve those numbers and letters and good as code groups!

w9gb
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: