Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Commercial Repeater to buy for VHF? An experts want to elmer?  (Read 19885 times)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 05:14:57 AM »

I've also got to say the Kenwood TKR 750.  Software for programming Kenwood radios isn't restricted, and the Kenwood is a commercial grade repeater already.  It would be simple to convert the radio itself from one band to the other.  The Motorolas and the others can't make that claim.
AA2HA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 08:20:41 PM »

I just have to mention the Vertex/Standard VXR-7000. It's 50 watts continuous (adjustable from 10-50), with a built in controller (or easily add an external controller) built in power supply is quite good and even has a charger output for back-up batteries. One can be had for $1,100.00 including programming and shipping. With a 3 year warranty, it's a good deal and I know of one that has been working, sometimes keyed almost all day, at full power, for several years without a hiccup.
 Just my 2 cents. 
K4JJL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 01:00:45 PM »

If you're looking for new stuff, the Kenwoods are hard to beat, as lots of people have mentioned before.

Check out the Hytera repeaters, too.  They do DMR (generic brand of MotoTRBO, without all the cost and software proprietorship baggage) as well as regular FM wide and narrow.  Might be something to gravitate towards in the future because they can be linked over the Interwebs.

If you're buying new duplexers, I'd highly recommend the 6-can TX/RX Vari-Notch model.  Very good duplexers.
N9KWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 09:39:59 AM »

Looking at the option of commercial service and narrow band requirement that come with it, the TKR 750 series can’t be beat. It has the biggest bang for the buck and is very easy to put into Ham as well as any commercial service. It has the nice feature of a built in controller and will go from wide band to narrow band with a program change, no hardware issues.

Granted the other system listed are top shelve equipment and will work well for ham use and commercial use, they have wideband/narrowband limitations. In addition they are much pricier than the TKR and do not have the same options for the price.
N9KWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 09:41:09 AM »

Looking at the option of commercial service and narrow band requirement that come with it, the TKR 750 series can’t be beat. It has the biggest bang for the buck and is very easy to put into Ham as well as any commercial service. It has the nice feature of a built in controller and will go from wide band to narrow band with a program change, no hardware issues.

Granted the other system listed are top shelve equipment and will work well for ham use and commercial use, they have wideband/narrowband limitations. In addition they are much pricier than the TKR and do not have the same options for the price.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: