Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dual monitors w/ HRD  (Read 2118 times)
NB9N

Ignore
« on: October 07, 2011, 08:12:40 PM »

I suppose this has been asked many times but nevertheless does anyone know if HRD #5 is dual monitor friendly?

NB9N/ Joel
KG4LMZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 07:50:25 AM »

That depends on what you mean.  It works just fine with DM780 on one screen and HRD on another and Logbook on a third.  It also works just fine with each window spread across all of the screens.  I don't believe there's a way to "decompose" the windows into their individual components and distribute them around the screen real estate.
NB9N

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 12:35:01 PM »

Thanks for the response.  Yes what you are doing is exactly what I want to do.
Nb9N
K7ZOV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 02:20:51 PM »

I have been running HRD with dual monitors for at least a year. I am using XP, Toshiba Dual-Core laptop with only 1/2 gig ram. I went to extended desk top. The main monitor show the HRD main control screen. The monitor plugged into the side of the laptop show either the logging screen...or if I am running DM780, the screen(s) for digital master. Kind of fun. Sometimes I will shrink down the main HRD screen to show the VFO A and B then the rest of the screen have QRZ.COM loaded so I can put the call sign in and get more info on who I have made contact on. This is my favorite configuration. I have had zero problems. ... Just remembered before I put the IC-7200 mobile (main rig is a IC-756proII) I had the 756 on one screen and the 7200 on the other. Also did the split screen where the main one on the laptop had both radios showing and the external monitor had my digital and log programs showing. Fun stuff... Hope this helps answer your question.

Harry k7zov
harrylatterman@yahoo.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: