Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-950 and HamRadioDeluxe not working  (Read 2431 times)
LA5RT

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2011, 09:10:42 AM »

Greetings.

Ive searched forums here with keywords FT-950 and cat and read results without finding coarse of the misbehaviour.

HDR cant read frequency from my FT-950.
It tells me to check for not in receiver memoryset mode and others which Ive checked.
I'm using a laptop with Vista installed.

I'm using a female-female between the ft-950 and rs232 from usb-to-serial converter.

I was that eager to test the hdr with my radio when the blood in my veins suddenly froze to below -173 degsC.

I would appreciate any suggestions to try to fix this, what I believe, is a communication problem.

Thank You

73's

EDIT1: I was downloading Vistadriver from this adress :http://www.cooldrives.com/wividrforprc.htmland, instead of the driver supplied from the cd-given from factory, it seemes to work in a second or two, then closes down the connetion.  Shocked

EDIT 2: Trying to run program (HRD) again, after dinner, same behaviour as described initially, before switching driver.

EDIT3: I installed the DXLab and it communicates with my FT-950 without problems.

LAST EDIT: Ive ordered a new usb-serial adapter with another chipset.

HRD is telling me:
Radio: FT-950
Port: com 4 (I'm using usb to serial device)
Cts=off
DTR=off
RTS=on
Device control block: 9600,n,8,1
RTS=ON

My Yaesu FT-950 tells:
CAT DPS= 9600
CAT TOT (wonder what this is) =10
CAT RTS=On

My computer serial device tells:
Prolific USB to serial comm port (com4)
9600 bits/s
8 databits
None parity
1 stopbit
none flowcontrol
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 03:34:36 AM by LA5RT » Logged
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:28:41 PM »

This is an easy fix.  The problem is with the USB-Serial adapter.  HRD does NOT work well with Prolific chip sets.  It may work with everything else, but HRD will choke and often give the Blue Screen of Death when using a Prolific chip set.

The solution is simple, and is 100% effective.  Switch to a FTDI-based chip set.  This solution is well documented here, on QRZ, and on the HRD mailing list. 

Dave
K3DCW

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
LA5RT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 03:35:10 PM »

Thank You for your answer.
I have ordered a new adapter with the FTDI chipset.

73's

This is an easy fix.  The problem is with the USB-Serial adapter.  HRD does NOT work well with Prolific chip sets.  It may work with everything else, but HRD will choke and often give the Blue Screen of Death when using a Prolific chip set.

The solution is simple, and is 100% effective.  Switch to a FTDI-based chip set.  This solution is well documented here, on QRZ, and on the HRD mailing list. 

Dave
K3DCW
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 09:44:24 PM »

Amen. That prolific is useless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: