Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Bill N2VZ (another one)  (Read 7096 times)
N5UD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 01:08:50 AM »

Alan it does not put out +- 12 vdc. It puts out +12vdc on one wire. The other side is 125 ohms to ground, or open to ground depending on motor direction (I.E. up/down reverse mode). It boots up, and goes through all the motions of working except providing the ground side of the motor power. This I checked on the board, the reference to pins M- and M+.

I had contact with Bill Monday evening. He said it might be firmware. He emailed the files. I will flash it and report back. He said the usual failed L298N shows visual damage. Mine does not. Common L298N failure is TT wired parallel with a manual switch.
NA6TE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 03:52:45 AM »

Tony,
I hope the flash solves the problem. By your post it sounds like you may already have the files needed to flash the TT. Can you tell me if the flash files are the same for Yaesu, Icom and Kenwood? Did Bill indicate one way or another? If you don't mind, I would like to get the files from you if you could email them. Good Luck

Nate............NA6TE
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 06:23:41 AM »

If that's the case, the L298N is bad. Mouser has them as I recall.

N5UD

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 08:20:42 PM »

I believe all the flash files are different for each model of TT. I have the flash for Kenwood TS-480. The reload did not cure the problem. So the L298N has to be replaced.

Looks to me to just cut the leads, and discard the case. Then heat the solder pads up and pull out the remaining wires / leads. Still it could get tedious.

73 Y'all Tony N5UD
K5CWC

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 09:44:15 AM »

I guess I just didn't read all the comments out on the web closely enough.  (1) I just ordered a TT for the 7000.  (2) I haven't heard from N2VZ even though product was supposed to be shipped by now.  So I am off to try to canx the charge on the credit card.  Maybe I will get lucky.

Don't even bother with bill.   I finally got my money back via the credit card comapany.
You can get the TT from HRO if you really want one.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 10:24:22 AM »

What you really need is a surface mount rework station. I bought one from SRA, for about $140 a couple of years ago, and it has paid for itself several times.

AF2O

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 09:55:52 AM »

I also think the story of Bill being sick is BS. I have emailed him numerous times and have left several voicemails but no reply. I'm not looking for any money back just some support for his product. I would never recommend this product to anyone. I'm sure that if I placed another order he wouldn't be too ill to accept payment.
N5UD

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »

I also think the story of Bill being sick is BS. I have emailed him numerous times and have left several voicemails but no reply. I'm not looking for any money back just some support for his product. I would never recommend this product to anyone. I'm sure that if I placed another order he wouldn't be too ill to accept payment.

What's wrong with your TT ?

I sent mine to Bill November 9 as he wanted to see if/why L298N failed. I have not heard from him since.
Now getting along just fine with manual tuning. If I had it back and working, I likely would not use it.

73 N5UD
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: