Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: N2VZ of Turbo Tuner Rip Off  (Read 11412 times)
K5CWC

Ignore
« on: October 24, 2011, 10:33:56 AM »

I ordered a Turbo Tuner directly from William (Bill) Kantz (N2VZ) on Sept 16 this year.   He was credited full payment from my credit card account on Sept 19.   Since then I have sent Mr. Kantz three emails and called him twice (leaving voice mail) with no response.
It appears Mt Kantz has no intention of honoring our business agreement or returning my money, therefore I must recommend against doing business with this company.
It is indeed unfortunately that someone with such an excellent product would allow his reputation to be ruined simply for refusing to communicate with his customers.  
K5CWC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:30:43 AM »

Update to the problem with N2VZ Bill Kantz.

It is now 45 days since Mr. Kantz took $268.00 from my Mastercard account.   In spite of repeated attempts there has been no word from him.  The latest was a Certified Return Receipt letter signed for by Mr. Kantz on November 26.   It is clear Mr. Kantz has no intention of honoring our agreement or returning my money.

Mr. Kantz is, however, busy making tuners for sale through at least 2 commercial outlets, HRO and AES.  For this reason I find the rumors of Mr. Kantz’ health problems suspect.

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Martin County Sheriff’s department.    I’m also working with the credit card company.

If any else has had such problems I would appreciate hearing from you.   The call is mine and I can be reached through the ARRL forwarding.   Perhaps with enough complaints we can get something done.

I am happy not everyone has had a bad experience with N2VZ and by all accounts his product is excellent.   That doesn’t change the fact that there is no excuse for this instance.  I would have gladly accepted a refund or worked with Mr. Kantz in any way I could.   In my view, this is theft plain and simple.

Carl (K5CWC)
YS1JBL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 01:22:15 AM »

On October 26 I spoke to Mr. William (Bill) Kantz N2VZ by phone from my country El Salvador, after reading a lot of blogs and reports it looked like this was the one I needed to operate more secure the High Sierra, so I asked Bill how to pay via Paypal to what he replied why not give him my Credit Card number so he could do the charge and hurry things up! **XXXX***XXX*** (Next day I read in the bank statement that I had been charged TWICE $309.00 making it $618.00 .... have called him more than ten times only 3 answers two of them the reply was he had not done this and last that he was going away for some reasons for a couple of days next I've left several messages asking for a refund, got an informal invoice with the value for two pieces $309.00 I don't know Mr. Kantz but if by mistake had done twice the charge why not refund and be done with it? Why no answer the mails or calls? One answer a copy of what i got by email "Joe I had to leave the office I will be back tomorrow. Don't worry I will figure out what happened. sent via Iphone" So a deal gone really bad for me! If YOU are to do any transaction with this person be sure not to give your CC number do it via Paypal more protection and think twice!

Will keep all posted ending OK or NOT

Joe  YS1JBL   
K5CWC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 07:46:06 AM »

Opps!   I made a mistake.
N2VZ did not steal $268.00, it was actually $283.00.
My bad.
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 01:42:25 PM »

YS1JBL:
I had been charged TWICE $309.00 making it $618.00 .... have called him more than ten times only 3 answers two of them the reply was he had not done this

Sorry to hear about this Joe, that's just terrible.
Couldn't you cancel the charge with your credit card company?

I would also send N2VZ a Registered Letter with a copy of
your credit card bill that shows the TWO charges.

But maybe he knows and just doesn't care, a true thief.
I dunno, still might be worth the price of the Registered Letter.

Good luck and sorry these ripoffs
happened to all these good honest hams.
Ken, AD6KA
AF2O

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 05:07:38 PM »

I purchased a TT for my 706MKIIG less than a year ago and it worked fine. It has now stopped working, when I turn the radio on the tuner sounds a morse letter "G" and when I push the tune button on the rig nothing happens, no CW tone or anything. I get the +12vdc on the board but I don't know if the CI-V on the rig is working. I sent several emails and left several voicemails with N2VZ but no reply. I wish he would at least answer my email. I'm not looking for any money back, just some support for his product!
WD5GWY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 03:06:45 PM »

Not making excuses, but I believe something has happened to Bill.
I have two of his turbo tuners and one works and another does not.
He helped me (by phone on his dime) to try and get the non-working
Turbo Tuner working. It never quite made it. But, I did not buy them
from him (bought used from other hams) and did not, and do not expect
him to do any kind of warranty work.
  I think the best thing to do is, if your Turbo Tuner is out of warranty, is
to try to find someone who can fix it. Or go to another solution. If it still is
in warranty, contacting the Better Business Bureau and filing a complaint with
the state attorney general is about your only recourse.
  Sad that it has come to this, as it leaves only one manufacturer out there that
offers these type of controllers. And they are limited to the ICOM 7000 as far as
complete control. Maybe, they will offer controllers for other brands of radios in
the future.
james
WD5GWY
KC8OKW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 08:29:22 AM »

I had shipped my Turbo Tuner back to the company for repairs as requested by Bill. After 5 months it was returned to me by the USPS as an unreceived package. I could not get Bill or Turbo Tuner to answer multiple phone calls or emails. So, I filed a complaint with the NJ Better Business Bureau to try to resolve my issue. Here is the reply that I received from the BBB:

Complaint ID#: 80222282
Business Name: N2VZ Enterprises

BBB has made several attempts to contact the business regarding the above referenced complaint. We regret to inform you that we have not received a response from the company.

BBB develops and maintains Reliability Reports on companies in our service area. This information is available to the public and is frequently used by potential customers. In the case of your complaint, the company's failure to promptly give attention to the matter will be reflected in the report we give to consumers about them.

With any complaint, you have the option of pursuing the matter legally.

To pursue your complaint, please contact: Monmouth County Department of Consumer Affairs, Hall of Records Annex, 1 East Main Street, Freehold, NJ, 07728-2273, phone:7324317900

If the company has contacted you in the interim, please notify BBB immediately.

Very truly yours,

Barbara J. Horner
Service Representative
609 588-0808 ext 11

I guess that tells you what the company thinks about its customers..... Or at least the amateurs.....

David, KC8OKW
KO4GS

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 10:45:21 PM »

I ordered a Turbo Tuner direct from N2VZ in April and never received it. Having paid via Pay Pal, I initiated a claim only to learn that Pay Pal disputes must be made within 45 days of the transaction. Fortunately, I paid by credit card so I then filed a dispute with my card company who immediately issued me a full refund pending the outcome of thier investigation. the credit appeared immediately on my account. I would be glad to receive the product and pay for it given its good reviews.

What a shame that N2VZ didn't either license the manufacture of this product or sell it to a solid manufacturing company. I suspect he has fallen ill though customer support never has appeared to be a strong suit. If you paid by credit card - file a claim with your card company. Now, Will someone reverse-engineer this product and get it back on the market?

73, Howard
KO4GS
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 11:25:25 AM »

I have emailed this company TWICE in the last 2 weeks & have NOT gotten a reply.I even posted a message on QTH.com & NOBODY knows what is going on with the products,the company or N2VZ.I have a local Ham friend who uses the TURBO TUNER with his ICOM 7000 & TARHEEL II which is the same combination I have but don't know if it's what I want if they are no longer in business or a company that has ZERO customer service  Huh

Clayton
W4KVW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: