Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yo................ Vincenzo.......................  (Read 130158 times)
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: November 07, 2013, 04:46:15 PM »

Nelson,

My friend emailed me and said he found this in his mother's basement. http://www.radiolaguy.com/Showcase/Radiola/Radiola_IV.htm

Trying to get a dollar value for the guy. Regens I am NOT, familiar with.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: November 08, 2013, 02:56:07 AM »

Are UX199s in demand at all? I have two, which I believe are working - if needed I could test them. If they are, I'd rather they went to somewhere  they could be used than just sit in my old valve collection.
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: November 08, 2013, 04:09:18 AM »

Are UX199s in demand at all? I have two, which I believe are working - if needed I could test them. If they are, I'd rather they went to somewhere  they could be used than just sit in my old valve collection.

I will let you know. He is not close to me. He is on Long Island and I am near Delaware. Not sure what he wants done to it. How many amp power supply would this need if he made it AC?
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: November 08, 2013, 01:39:15 PM »

3 tubes?  3 volts @ 600 mA filaments, 2.5 mA per plate, so any old 125 VAC/6.3VAC transformer you have lying around, and a 3-terminal regulator off the 9VDC rectified/filtered filament winding will run this.  you will have to regulate the B+ down to 90 volts.

http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~reese/RC10/RC10-83.GIF
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: November 08, 2013, 05:52:09 PM »

3 tubes?  3 volts @ 600 mA filaments, 2.5 mA per plate, so any old 125 VAC/6.3VAC transformer you have lying around, and a 3-terminal regulator off the 9VDC rectified/filtered filament winding will run this.  you will have to regulate the B+ down to 90 volts.

http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~reese/RC10/RC10-83.GIF

He is keeping it. I think he is only going to clean it up.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: November 09, 2013, 06:45:22 PM »

Yo, Vinn-Ay............ You know about these things, if I recall:   http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=powder+coat

I can't see this as something I'd use regularly, but how cool would it be on a rebuild to powder coat a few select parts before they went back in?  Yeah, it's an expensive way to spiff up a transformer or chassis, but there's something about the look of powder coating that melts my rosin.  About a month ago Harbor Freight opened a new store maybe five miles from me.  I've resisted so far, but I have a coupon for a free Cen-Tech DMM and like a moth to a flame...

Sure, it's no Heathshkit, but that's why I like 'em.  Grin

Never change a password on a Friday                
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: November 09, 2013, 07:20:18 PM »

Regens I am NOT, familiar with.

I haven't played with one in so long all I recall is they can be ungodly sensitive if you run the feedback within an RCH of self-oscillation, used very few parts, and were very selective - but - there would be a rushing sound added to the audio if the regen was too tight and I can't help but wonder how badly they sucked on DX stations. It's one thing to tweak the regen to exactly the right amount for any given signal, but what if that signal is swinging 30 dB on the skywave? I can't imagine that would be a good thing. Hell, even the best of the best superhets today can only do so much with KDKA on a bad night. It's also possible to be too selective on an AM signal. For a demo of what I mean, listen to an AM BCB signal on your HF rig through the SSB filter to hear how muddy it gets.

For more about gennies (that's what they used to be called) take a look at this:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regenerative_circuit

As for quality AM on a local station it's hard to beat a high end crystal set:  http://fmamradios.com/pics/Miller565-4.jpg
Or, for those of you who need the glow of GlassFETs to keep you warm at night, here's a TRF that came out about 20 years after the TRF went the way of the Dodo:  http://www.indianaradios.com/Miller%20570-T%20Hi-Fidelity%20AM%20Tuner.htm

AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: November 24, 2013, 12:49:48 PM »

Soon,  Vinnie,  soon............... Your part of the word will be invaded by creatures of an alien culture.

You shall know them by their brightly colored plumage and strange way of walking...............    Shocked

KB1WSY

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: December 08, 2013, 06:56:42 PM »

I haven't played with one in so long all I recall is they can be ungodly sensitive if you run the feedback within an RCH of self-oscillation, used very few parts, and were very selective - but - there would be a rushing sound added to the audio if the regen was too tight and I can't help but wonder how badly they sucked on DX stations. It's one thing to tweak the regen to exactly the right amount for any given signal, but what if that signal is swinging 30 dB on the skywave? I can't imagine that would be a good thing.

I use a 3-transistor homebrew regen on a daily basis and monitor plenty of DX. It's extremely sensitive, albeit as wide as a barn door:

AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: December 25, 2013, 06:24:08 AM »

Yo.......... Six Flags Over New Jersey.............

If you happen to out & about and swing by your local big box handy guy store in the next week or so you might keep an eye open for discounted holiday light sets of the LED persuasion. For all I know they're not sold out this year and for a deuce or two a person could score a hundred or more LED's in festive colors. Or white. Or blue. The possibilities are mind boggling.

Even the Iggy would look good with a blue pilot light. Still drift like a canoe on a windy day, but aside from that......

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: December 26, 2013, 05:40:20 AM »

Yo.......... Six Flags Over New Jersey.............

If you happen to out & about and swing by your local big box handy guy store in the next week or so you might keep an eye open for discounted holiday light sets of the LED persuasion. For all I know they're not sold out this year and for a deuce or two a person could score a hundred or more LED's in festive colors. Or white. Or blue. The possibilities are mind boggling.

Even the Iggy would look good with a blue pilot light. Still drift like a canoe on a windy day, but aside from that......

I have red, white, and blue LEDs already. You back on the air yet?
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: January 01, 2014, 07:55:44 AM »

Yo, Vinny..................

When a Mummer's brigade from South Philadelphia is dressed in green, white and red, does that mean they're Gay ??

Just Askin'.

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: January 01, 2014, 08:18:36 AM »

Yo, Vinny..................

When a Mummer's brigade from South Philadelphia is dressed in green, white and red, does that mean they're Gay ??

Just Askin'.

I am not a south Jersey if Philly guy. I do not get the Mummers.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: January 01, 2014, 09:24:52 AM »

And this is why doing comedy on the Interweb is more an art than a science..........   Tongue

W5WSS

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: January 10, 2014, 05:37:24 AM »

Yo Christy Smiley
Pages: Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: