Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yo................ Vincenzo.......................  (Read 147013 times)
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: January 15, 2014, 03:32:19 PM »

What was used as a receiver? Did you have to manually switch between them?
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: March 29, 2014, 07:12:58 PM »

I am not sure why anyone beside you and I read this thread. It is totally useless.

I haven't darkened this thread with my presence since January but for some meaningless reason I decided to see how far down the stack it has fallen.......
Page five, but one thing jumped out at me:  THIS THREAD HAS NOW RECORDED OVER 100,000 VIEWS !!!

It's official.......... We have become the click & clack of eHam and only one of us is Italian.    Grin

Never change a password on a Friday                
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: March 30, 2014, 05:32:42 PM »

Nah, no pledge week whines.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: April 27, 2014, 01:00:09 PM »

Yo......... Vinn-Ay:

This is a rare beast:   http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/1938-RCA-Victor-811K-Vintage-3-Band-Floor-Radio-16312034.html

See the piece towards the upper left corner that looks like a phono motor? 
That's what it is... Except it drives the tuning condenser.    Shocked

Sure... It needs a little work both inside and out...

And it's a pickup item in Indiana, but aside from that........ This was one expensive radio back in the day.
Not only one of RCA's better chassis designs but also auto-tune. Push a button and it QSY's to the next station.

Wouldn't take much to build a wired remote.  Assuming the difficult to replace parts are still good.   Grin

KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: May 12, 2014, 03:50:24 AM »

Yup Quite amazing about this thread.
I have the very same  RCA 811 floor model radio. It was restored completely. My 811 has an enclosure of sorts behind the speaker. I experimented listening with the enclosure on and off. The bass sounds better with it on. The auto-tune circuit in my 811 does not work. It play loud with a pair of 6L6's in the audio.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: May 18, 2014, 07:13:39 AM »

I have an 811k in the garage I started restoring about 15 years ago before I got distracted. Last time it was powered up it played. Poorly. Then I noticed a faint whiff of smoke from the rear corner of the chassis where the transformer lives and it stopped playing. I have a potential replacement transformer (assuming that's what smoked) and it's just a matter of getting a round tuit before it will play again. It's quite a piece that deserves better than indefinite storage.

But........ In consideration of other things that make no sense........

(click the pic, Seymour...)

Why anyone in their right mind would bid on an HP-410B when a perfectly decent DMM can be had for the same money is beyond my comprehension. Especially since that's exactly what I wanted to do when I first saw it. Sure, it's HP. The squidmatic is freely available on BAMA. The tube complement is easy-squeezy to replace. Aside from the precision resistors and a ballast tube there's nothing exotic inside. It appears to have lived a good life with proper care. In the history of VTVM's this is likely one of the most desirable models, even if it does use an AC probe with an internal diode tube like most of them did. Plus, the DC probe needs an internal 1 meg resistor.

But........   It's from the Pahbulous Phifties.   Like me.   What more do we need to know?

NOTE TO VINNIE:  CLICK HERE FOR SOMETHING YOU NEED !!  Seriously... It's a whole 'nother concept in operating mobile.

AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: June 18, 2014, 06:47:19 PM »

A person could buy a fair number of substitute firebottles for what this one is bringing at bid...

But ya' gotta' say it is in near mint condition.  And the conductance is mutual.........................   Tongue

Pages: Prev 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: