Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: some nut case ve7kfm on 14.272......  (Read 24506 times)
KC9RCG

Ignore
« on: November 04, 2011, 05:58:56 PM »

on one rant after another....not much info is given about him but its almost like CB quality....
KC9RCG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 06:14:33 PM »

I just googled this guy and he is quite interesting...
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 01:26:19 AM »

Best thing to do: ignore him. The only attention those people deserve is medical and/or by authorities.
K2DC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 04:02:14 AM »

He's been up there for years, usually around 14.275.  Best to just ignore him and move somewhere else (for anything other than the entertainment value).  Nobody can do anything about him from down here and Industries Canada certainly hasn't appeared inclined, Soooo........

Don, K2DC
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 12:06:07 PM »

A statement by Industry Canada a while ago, claims that
Carol's constant rants are protected by Canadian Free Speech
laws and they will NOT do anything about him.

He has been running his foul mouth for years and
probably will be running it for many more.

Best just to ignore him and move on.
He is not worth the concern.
K3RE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 03:02:28 PM »

I wonder if he was licensed in the USA would he be removed from the bands. Free speech in a public place is not the same as operating on the amateur bands. Just my opinion.
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 04:09:55 AM »

I wonder if he was licensed in the USA would he be removed from the bands. Free speech in a public place is not the same as operating on the amateur bands. Just my opinion.

If that is true then why do I hear rants and raves on 40 meters during the winter months?
K3RE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 04:45:12 AM »

If that is true then why do I hear rants and raves on 40 meters during the winter months?

You have a point, however I've heard some very vulgar language from ve7kfm. That's my only issue.
N1FM

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 07:19:17 PM »

Please contact Industry Canada and report him.  You can also go to www.ve7kfm.com and hear for yourself just how nutty this guy is.
VE7RF

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 03:36:26 AM »

Please contact Industry Canada and report him.  You can also go to www.ve7kfm.com and hear for yourself just how nutty this guy is.

##  and report  what ?   VE7KFM  lives across town from me !    Industry Canada   sez in it's  RIC-5  I think... that  profanity is not allowed on the air.   KFM is a lawyer.  1st up... define "profanity" ! 

##  Bottom line is.... due to a cdn fed  govt  supreme court case a few years back...[ had nothing to do with ham radio, nor broadcasting]....  profanity etc, is now protected by free speech.   Ergo... industry canada  had to toss  out it's  age old profanity rules for ham radio.

##  I don't condone what kfm does.... but there is nothing u can do abt it... except move ur vfo else where.

##  In a recent ruling, that new woman, who took over from riley H...think here name is Laura..  laura  stated that IF KFM lived in the USA..there is nothing she could do.  there is nothing to stop hams in the usa from using any language they want on ham radio, ..due to free speech rights.

##  free speech is just that, free speech.  You don't get to cherry pick what constitutes free speech.   Tinker with 2nd amendment gun rights in the usa..and all hell breaks loose...same deal.  It's either ALL..or NONE.

##  BTW... the idiots in the usa  who run  VE7KFM.com  are as nuts as kfm.   U can read all about them..on  KFM's own website. 

##  It all started several years ago..when KFM..who is polish decent, had a sked with his polish buddy's in Chicago, and other parts of the usa.   The red necks come on..and tell both of em, that speaking polish on 14.273  was.. "un american" .   that started WW3  right then and there.    KFM and his polish ham buddy's  would qsy all over the place..and the rednecks  would seek em out.   Finally kfm said..screw this.. and decided to just stay on 14.273. 

##  when kfm was visiting his relatives in VE3 land.... u could still hear KFM on 14.273 !  they are all recordings !   I know that for a fact.  he's also very loud here.   I also hear KFM  on 160-10m too.  Now those are all recordings as well.  KFM only has ONE ant up..and that's his  20m yagi.   he has 2mfm as well...but only 1 hf ant.

##  The recordings are so well done..that folks start screaming and jamming "him"..not knowing it's a good recording !   the whole mess is just one big gong show...too bad..and it's really sad.   Sometimes u will even hear the real kfm..and the fake kfm recording..at the same time..either on the same freq..or two diff freqs..both on 20m..several  khz apart.

##  the dickhead who started it all, is the same fellow that runs the infamous  kfm.com website..another nut case himself.   

## so don't waste ur breath phoning industry canada.  they monitor all his qso's on 20m  anyway..since they are only just a few miles away.. in down town Victoria.   KFM always phones or emails em 1st...just prior to going on the air.   KFM gets on the air..and immediately gets jammed..then the war starts up again for several hrs.   It's a mess....so avoid it like the plague.

later... Jim  VE7RF 
KE4YOG

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 03:58:50 AM »

It may be his right ti use free speech but it is a privilege to operate on ham radio bands. Since it is a privilege and not a right something could be done IF he was a U.S. ham. Just because he is an attorney only means he is a better educated idiot than most  other idiots.  Another thing is the idiots that try to jam him. That is an whole other issue. They need to be dealt with also. It will all end one day. It will just take time.
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 07:48:01 AM »

CB ch 19 is not nearly as bad as .272 and .313, I have listened there a couple of times, what a mess it is there. I find it hard to believe that the FCC has never done anything about it in all these years, maybe they are afraid of them it seems. It seems funny though that the FCC took time out from there busy and understaffed operation to send me a warning letter because I was 50 khz off of the General area on 15 meters one day ??!!
73 Jim W5JJG
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 08:41:37 PM »

Please contact Industry Canada and report him.  You can also go to www.ve7kfm.com and hear for yourself just how nutty this guy is.

##  BTW... the idiots in the usa  who run  VE7KFM.com  are as nuts as kfm.   U can read all about them..on  KFM's own website.  

Last time I checked, K3VR, Brian, was the owner of the domain name and the site in question.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:36:22 PM by W6EM » Logged
VE7DCW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 07:00:49 PM »

##  and report  what ?   VE7KFM  lives across town from me !    Industry Canada   sez in it's  RIC-5  I think... that  profanity is not allowed on the air.   KFM is a lawyer.  1st up... define "profanity" ! 

##  Bottom line is.... due to a cdn fed  govt  supreme court case a few years back...[ had nothing to do with ham radio, nor broadcasting]....  profanity etc, is now protected by free speech.   Ergo... industry canada  had to toss  out it's  age old profanity rules for ham radio.

##  I don't condone what kfm does.... but there is nothing u can do abt it... except move ur vfo else where.

##  In a recent ruling, that new woman, who took over from riley H...think here name is Laura..  laura  stated that IF KFM lived in the USA..there is nothing she could do.  there is nothing to stop hams in the usa from using any language they want on ham radio, ..due to free speech rights.

##  free speech is just that, free speech.  You don't get to cherry pick what constitutes free speech.   Tinker with 2nd amendment gun rights in the usa..and all hell breaks loose...same deal.  It's either ALL..or NONE.

##  BTW... the idiots in the usa  who run  VE7KFM.com  are as nuts as kfm.   U can read all about them..on  KFM's own website. 

##  It all started several years ago..when KFM..who is polish decent, had a sked with his polish buddy's in Chicago, and other parts of the usa.   The red necks come on..and tell both of em, that speaking polish on 14.273  was.. "un american" .   that started WW3  right then and there.    KFM and his polish ham buddy's  would qsy all over the place..and the rednecks  would seek em out.   Finally kfm said..screw this.. and decided to just stay on 14.273. 

##  when kfm was visiting his relatives in VE3 land.... u could still hear KFM on 14.273 !  they are all recordings !   I know that for a fact.  he's also very loud here.   I also hear KFM  on 160-10m too.  Now those are all recordings as well.  KFM only has ONE ant up..and that's his  20m yagi.   he has 2mfm as well...but only 1 hf ant.

##  The recordings are so well done..that folks start screaming and jamming "him"..not knowing it's a good recording !   the whole mess is just one big gong show...too bad..and it's really sad.   Sometimes u will even hear the real kfm..and the fake kfm recording..at the same time..either on the same freq..or two diff freqs..both on 20m..several  khz apart.

##  the dickhead who started it all, is the same fellow that runs the infamous  kfm.com website..another nut case himself.   

## so don't waste ur breath phoning industry canada.  they monitor all his qso's on 20m  anyway..since they are only just a few miles away.. in down town Victoria.   KFM always phones or emails em 1st...just prior to going on the air.   KFM gets on the air..and immediately gets jammed..then the war starts up again for several hrs.   It's a mess....so avoid it like the plague.

later... Jim  VE7RF 

Hi Jim
Wow....!! you can parrot the VE7KFM garbage almost as well as Kamikaze Karol ... if I did'nt know any better I would've even have thought it was him giving this great speech... Karol is the problem plain and simple..... with that rotten linear amplifier alone you guys in Victoria should be just freaking out on Industry Canada to clean up the pollution rendered on the 20 meter band by a real "spur" generator!
My advice......don't be an Karol apologist. It will just give you headaches!
VE7RF

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 03:00:41 AM »

Hi Jim
Wow....!! you can parrot the VE7KFM garbage almost as well as Kamikaze Karol ... if I did'nt know any better I would've even have thought it was him giving this great speech... Karol is the problem plain and simple..... with that rotten linear amplifier alone you guys in Victoria should be just freaking out on Industry Canada to clean up the pollution rendered on the 20 meter band by a real "spur" generator!
My advice......don't be an Karol apologist. It will just give you headaches!

###  DCW... have you even seen a linear amplifier ?    There is nothing wrong with his linear at all,  I checked it out, twice, several years ago.   There are 2 of those amps here in town.  They are  auto tune linear amps, made by marconi.  They use a pair of Eimac 3-500Z's..in GG.
The B+ regulation is superb..and IMD is non existent ... like -44 db pep IMD-3.  I measured PO using calibrated test gear, at aprx 1250 w pep out on 20m, into a dummy load.  No spurs at all, and harmonic suppression  is superb. They were designed for commercial use..and are VERY expensive linear amps.   IF it's wide, it cuz  the xcvr that's  driving it..and not the amp itself.  Another way to make any GG amp wide is to use insufficient loading on the load control. As you INCREASE the loading on any GG amp, you DECREASE the cap value...IE: capacitance DECREASES.   PO will drop off..  but GRID current will rise.   That's when the splatter starts up.  The simple procedure is to just pulse tune it to max PO..then increase the load control a bit more...till  PO drops off 2%.  Then it's slightly over coupled, and linearity will be superb.

## another way to obtain excess grid current is to tune the amp up as per normal..then apply excess drive..after the fact.   Over driving a  GG amp...and insufficient loading amount to the same thing..excess grid current, and operating out of it's linear transfer curve on peaks.  He uses a FT-990 to drive it....and the 990 is one of the better xcvr's for imd.   The 990 only puts out barely 100w pep...and it's not even capable of over driving that amp of his.  Now if the ALC /mic gain/compressor is all set up wrong on a 990, then yes, you can drive the amp with a less than desirable signal.

##  I'll be back on 20M this summer, and the last thing I need is  IMD  from across town on 20m.  If there is a problem by then, I will get it sorted out REAL fast.

##  I could care less what KFM sez on 20M, there is NOTHING any of us can do.  Per the local Industry Canada  office, here in Victoria, ALL Canadian radio Amateur's have the right to ...."free speech"...and  the local IC office here in town can and does monitor KFM. Apparently, IF you don't like what KFM has to say on 20m,then your only option is to move your RX VFO  to some other freq.  NOBODY is forcing you to listen to KFM.   The only folks in this town that listen to KFM is the local Industry canada office, and only between normal M-F business hours.   The local Industry canada office has some pretty sophisticated spectrum analyzers they can use on RX.  They know exactly how wide his signal is.   BTW, we are allowed a max of 6 khz wide on SSB, here in canada. [all HF bands 160-10....except 30M band.  30M band is a max of 1 khz wide. ].

##  So other than bad/maladjusted, defective xcvr's, linear amps, etc, the rest is a moot point. As long as KFM has a fairly clean signal, that's all there is to it.   I don't like it when 10,000 brain dead contester's get on every weekend..and screw the bands up for me [sponsored by the ARRL no less]  but there is nothing I can do about that. IMO..that's way more of an issue than KFM ever was.  Perhaps if you folks stopped jamming KFM, and winding him up, he would be a little easier to listen to.  I have 8 x  receiver's here, and have been listening to this nonsense off and on for several years now, heck, I'm only a few miles away. I know exactly who started this entire mess years ago..and it was not kfm.

Later.... Jim  VE7RF
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: