Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: some nut case ve7kfm on 14.272......  (Read 23600 times)
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2013, 01:43:52 AM »

I read somewhere that K1MAN had been put off.

So if he doesn't weasel out of the FCC fines and doesn't pay, what happens? Does he take a holiday at the Fed's holiday resort or what?
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2013, 06:35:48 AM »

Put off, yes.  Had some gear confiscated too, I believe, and has been fined.  But his license is still in 'administrative review' and has not yet been revoked pending his numerous appeals.  The payment of his fines is still held up by those appeals too.

As someone else said, Baxter is being given plenty of rope, and he is fashioning his own noose.  It's so fancy now that if it closes on him, he'll never be able to pry it open again--and will probably spend time in government housing--the type with iron bars on the door.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2013, 03:01:16 PM »

Except they will probably let him out early to reduce overcrowding!

At least the FCC have the ability to impose fines - our lot have a lengthy process to go through with magistrates who don't understand and in any case, have no real powers.....a total ***k up!
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2013, 05:25:47 PM »

Except they will probably let him out early to reduce overcrowding!

At least the FCC have the ability to impose fines - our lot have a lengthy process to go through with magistrates who don't understand and in any case, have no real powers.....a total ***k up!

My view of an ideal government is one that is so tied up in its own red tape that it can accomplish literally nothing.  That's heaven on earth!
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2013, 09:41:30 PM »

Put off, yes.  Had some gear confiscated too, I believe, and has been fined.  But his license is still in 'administrative review' and has not yet been revoked pending his numerous appeals.  The payment of his fines is still held up by those appeals too.

As someone else said, Baxter is being given plenty of rope, and he is fashioning his own noose.  It's so fancy now that if it closes on him, he'll never be able to pry it open again--and will probably spend time in government housing--the type with iron bars on the door.

HAHAHA If he had any more rope his head would pop off when they drop everything on him.I'm guessing he will be committed to a Mental Facility when it's over.He's a sick boy.  Wink   Roll Eyes   Shocked

Clayton
W4KVW
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2013, 10:07:02 PM »

HAHAHA If he had any more rope his head would pop off when they drop everything on him.I'm guessing he will be committed to a Mental Facility when it's over.He's a sick boy.  Wink   Roll Eyes   Shocked

Clayton
W4KVW

Accusing people of mental illness was a common tactic in the old USSR.  Just think about that for a moment.
K0WVM

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2013, 01:52:09 AM »

Ah, I see there are continued threads about old man Madera.   Roll Eyes

As for me, I am living outside the US for the time being (talking about years to be exact)...  Not hearing him on the air because I don't operate while living temporarily overseas is quite refreshing!  

Whether or not you want to ignore this guy is completely your choice.  However, be forewarned!  Giving this dude continued attention leaves you open for being put on his website list and facing all sorts of defamation.  Or, you can be harassed by him and/or his little minions for speaking out.  Now, that does not mean you are retracting or backing down...  It just means you're not going to give this guy the attention he wants.

But we've noticed you are already on his website.  Yeah and I honestly don't care.  He can say what he wants about me...  Not like it's going to change my blunt, honest and factual opinion of him that I made several years ago.  Neither will I apologize for it.

Just fair warning to the rest of you and maybe worry about him posting your call on a list with whatever he decides to say in a negative way about you!  His minions scour here, QRZ and wherever else on the web for anyone talking about KFM in a way that Madera finds not to his liking.

To the point...  Ignore old man Madera!  If a lot of people would just ignore him and his minions, they will "wither and die" on the ham radio vines.  His minions already do a good job of getting into trouble with Law Enforcement on their own and self eliminate through those means.  A few already have via jail time as an example.  

Or, at best KFM will have nobody to talk to but himself and his minions/sympathizers.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 02:10:32 AM by K0WVM » Logged
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2013, 08:01:34 PM »

Can we stick to technical issues instead of personalities on the Elmers Forum?

Thanks.

W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2013, 10:06:19 PM »

Can we stick to technical issues instead of personalities on the Elmers Forum?

+1

W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2013, 06:00:43 AM »

Vilification of others when they are not here to defend themselves speaks for itself.  Certainly to the point that it doesn't deserve to be a thread on the Elmers Forum.

At the same time, I am not condoning the behavior, on or off the air, of any subject persons.

Free speech, for those who profess to claim it has been such, it is not.  Protected free speech is open criticism of government and government officials.  Been there, done that (and still do).  Including mostly the FCC.

Moderators, please move this thread to Miscellaneous and/or delete same.

Lee
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2013, 06:24:58 AM »

WHAT A BUNCH OF BS HERE !!!!! Angry
N9OGL

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2013, 10:59:22 AM »

Karol,  IS NOT doing thing illegal, the only ones claim this, are hams here in the US. Karol language although, hams down here don't like it, is perfectly legal in Canada, thanks to some recent court cases in Canada. People here in the United States believe Free Speech is limited, it is not, there are only a few things that are not consider free speech they are:

Slander / Libel (although it has to be proven that it is slanderous or libelous)

Threats (It has to be proven that it a true threat, in which the person is going to carry the threat out)

Obscenity (It must be proven to be obscene under the Miller Test which is a three prong test to determine if something is obscene, if the material survives one of the three prongs it's not obscene.

Commercial Speech (although commercial speech is protected under the First Amendment the courts has ruled that the government can limit it)

In regards to radio, the FCC has no control over the content of ANY station (except for that mentioned above) 47 USC 326 A person does not have the right to use a radio facility without a license (Red Lion Broadcasting V FCC 1969) (Dunifer V FCC 1997)

Todd N9OGL
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2013, 02:18:50 PM »

He may not be illegal under either US or Canadian law. It does not stop him from being, in terms of normal amateur radio practice, both obnoxious and anti social. Some may well use more defamatory terms regarding his heritage and practices......
N9OGL

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2013, 03:01:43 PM »

The best thing to do with Ve7KFM is to ignore him. The problem I see is the hams here in the United States who are intentionally malicious interference with him. Some one who goes from one frequency to another frequency and people follow him to interfere are the ones the government should go after, because that IS a violation of the law.

Todd N9OGL
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2013, 03:18:36 PM »

Somewhat off topic, is it illegal under part 97 to interfere with a station illegally operating in an amateur band? The UK and international Radio Regulations go along with the concept that station that is operating illegally cannot be "interfered with" by a station operating legally and so  calling CQ on top of a CBer in 10 metres (or any other amateur band) is not causing interference and is his problem, not yours.

Interestingly, that applies to other services too. Apparently, after 17 metres  was designated as an amateur band a certain navy complained about interference from amateurs: no body had told then the band had been re-allocated and they weren't allowed there any more!

Whether US ham could get away with causing QRM to the US military in a band primarily allocated to amateurs is an interesting question: other countries' amateurs certainly could.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: