Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worked ZK2V Neiu Island running QRP video!  (Read 3093 times)
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 03:17:20 PM »

Congrats!!  That's a nice video and contact!  I've heard him on the air, but he's way down in the mud.  The pile-up has just been too chaotic.  As the old rule of dx-ing goes, if you can't hear him, don't work him!

One question though, where did you find the mono-band yagi, mast, and tri-pod?  That would be awesome to use for portable operation.  I have the same radio as you and just recently stuck the 300 Hz CW filter in mine.  Have yet to find time to go out portable with it though.

Chris / KC8CAJ

I'm gonna start using my other yagi and make it portable. It's actually a Mosely mini 32-A tri-band 10,15, and 20 on a 8' boom. I'm gonna make it portable so it's easy to put up and it only weighs like 6 lbs.

The tripod you can get at any music store. Its used to hold up speakers.

The CW filter makes such a huge difference and can compete with bigger radios but the sensitivity isn't as good but close believe it or not. What are you waiting for to take that rig out? Can't take it with you when you die and operate from the other side. LOL! Wink

73!
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 03:26:18 PM »

No one has heard of Neiu or Nieu. It's Niue.

By the way, they said yesterday they're putting up an antenna for 60 meters. Won't be easy to work them because they've struggled to make even a few Qs on 80 with the noise there.

Hey, for a second I was really impressed that someone worked them using QRP SSTV
Worked ZK2V Neiu Island running QRP video!

Tried to correct it right after it posted but it won't let you. You miss things when using an IPhone and now at days I use it a lot. Too lazy sometimes to walk over to my IMac since using one is too easy.

Working them on 60meters sounds cool but we'll see.

We'll see if we can really impress you if I can video me breaking a pileup and working them with only 500milliwatts. Wouldn't that be something? LOL! Wink
WA4FNG

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 07:32:07 PM »

Here is a better URL for the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d6trgTmJJQ
N3ZC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 07:49:38 AM »

Got em' on 12M & 15M Phone the other day..easy from here (Baltimore)

73'..Tom N3ZC
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: