Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Low Audio In  (Read 1330 times)
K2QB

Ignore
« on: November 08, 2011, 06:07:23 AM »

Have been runnning several digital modes such as MTTY, PSK and JT65 using a Microham USB III inreface to my Windows 7 PC. Suddenly the "audio in" for decoding signals has gone extremely low almost to the point where I cannot decode signals. The interface basically just passes the audio out from the rig (using the line out jack) to the USB port on the PC. I'm thinking that something in Windows changed but I can't figure out what or where. I have gone into the sound settings and as far as I can tell everything is set at 100% volume including the microphone in settings. Can a driver suddenly pose issues? Someone suggested it may have been caused by one of the recent Windows auto-upgrades that gets pushed down. The only other thing I can think of is the audio level from the rig suddenly went bad but I find that hard to believe. Any suggestions?
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 06:43:52 AM »

When you install a second sound card/device on a PC it can cause problems because you have to tell windows which device to use and when using the sound level/mixer panel you have to make sure it is currently mapped to correct device. My "guess" here is that Windows has defaulted to built in sound card for level controls because if they are set to 100% and it is assigned to internal and not external sound card in your controller adjusting it will have no effect on MicroHam level settings

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
G4IJE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 08:49:48 AM »

I thought my audio level had suddenly gone bad the other day. Turned out I had plugged in a webcam and Windows 7 decided that it should be the default audio input device. Changed the default back to rear-panel microphone and all was well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: