Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any clue?  (Read 2749 times)
N9SWA

Ignore
« on: November 17, 2014, 06:48:55 PM »

I was on 10m 28.424.60 on 11/14/14 at 2333 upland heard a very strange signal.  Best way I can describe it is it sounded like a cb  echo box driven by am amplifier.   However this was not cb I could not bring it in with any mode the best way for me to hear anything was using usb/cw on my Yaesu 450d.  On occasion the station would send in Morse code AS.  If there is a way for me to upload a wav file let me know I did record it using my cell phone.  My guess it's encoded and probably government and or military.   Your thoughts?Huh
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 11:21:36 AM »

Government?  Military?  Encrypted? Spooky?

Why?

The most likely cause is.....a CB'er.  Next is some mode you aren't familiar with.
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 03:40:12 AM »

That is the frequency that Todd hangs out at in Georgia ! I'm not making any accusations though.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:43:51 AM by SWMAN » Logged
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 06:44:40 PM »

Government?  Military?  Encrypted? Spooky?

Why?

The most likely cause is.....a CB'er.  Next is some mode you aren't familiar with.

Freebander? Some doofus operating a heavily modified CB radio and/or a poorly built and poorly tuned homebrew linear amp? CB band is directly below 10m. Or it could be one of those Latino or Russian taxis that are illegally using 10m. I believe the taxis are using FM mode. There was a recent IARU report on QRM from illegal 10m two way radios apparently used for taxicabs, most seem to be in Russia and Latinoamerica. I dunno who is mfg'ing those systems, Russia still has an electronics mfg sector so the radios could be being made in Russia and sold in FSU countries and to Latinoamerican taxi co's, Russia has historically been close politically and economically to many countries south of the Rio Grande. The Bolivar Bloc, which consists of Venezuela, Argentina, Bolivia, and Cuba, has active trade and political relations with Russia. I heard long ago that Russia has experimented with phase modulation, something never used in the West. The taxi radios could be using phase modulation, if not FM.
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 05:50:20 PM »

IMO, to even dwell on this longer than it takes to read the topic title and post this response is just moronic and stupid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: