Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does your club offer lifetime memberships?  (Read 10306 times)
W5DWH

Ignore
« on: November 19, 2011, 08:49:08 AM »

If so how much are they as compared to regular annual dues?

73 Donald W5DWH
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 05:27:48 PM »

Yes

yearly $15
Lifetime $150

NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 05:53:14 PM »

We offer lifetime membership to a ham who does some kind of donation or service to the club. Such as donate a repeater, or do a lot of maintenance free. The board of directors recommends it for those deserving. We have had two in our club, one has passed away.

www.mcminnarc.com

de NA4IT
W5DWH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 06:00:31 PM »

Thank You
73 Donald
W5DWH
K4JJL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 10:11:04 AM »

We offer lifetime membership to a ham who does some kind of donation or service to the club. Such as donate a repeater, or do a lot of maintenance free. The board of directors recommends it for those deserving. We have had two in our club, one has passed away.

www.mcminnarc.com

de NA4IT

Wish my club would do that.  I've given them 4 repeaters, 2 voters, and a DB-420 (all wired/installed/configured).  I told them last month I'm done paying dues.  Take it however you want to (accept it or throw me out)...
N5SWE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 06:03:44 PM »

Our Net is actually a club. we meet 366 nights a year on the air and twice a year hold a picnic/camp out.
We charge a one time fee of $5.00 for membership. This fee does not actually cover cost of certificate, decal etc mailed back to new member.
We are thinking of just asking for a donation. I think most hams would donate more than five dollars for a lifetime membership.
The Country Cousins are 4 nets spread Throughout the U.S. The Western CC, Southern CC, NorthWestern CC and Mid West CC.
Most meet at about 9:00 PM local time on 75 meters.
Our club, The Western Country Cousins has a membership roster over 2450 members.
Drop on by and say "Howdy". We are at 3.970 and start at 9:00 PM Pacific time. Club call is W6CCN and is good on QRZ with links to all the Country Cousin nets.
KA5N

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 11:57:34 AM »

Any club that doesn't issue spats or putees and a vest doesn't deserve the name.

Oops, sorry I ment to send this to the "Boilded Oils Club."

So sorry.

Allen
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 05:38:22 AM »

I used to belong to a club that offered such memberships, but that club had an inner circle, and--you guessed it--the inner circle controlled such things. 

You did notice that I said I used to belong.....
VK5CQ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 09:10:55 PM »

In VK (and, I would guess, the UK), "Life Membership" is "bestowed" on members, whose contributions of time, skills, etc. - over many years - has been substantial.

(It's a bit like "sweat equity" but the award of LM happens at a special meeting, eg, AGM or the like.)

It's nothing to "buy"... as, eg, LM in ARRL (last time I checked, one simply paid 20x a year's membership fee, for the year you pay it).

Often, folks deemed to merit a LM honor here receive it about the time (or even after) they've retired, so a LM award's practical benefit is freedom from the need to find the cash, each year to renew their membership in the Club, etc.

Perhaps both forms of LM should be available....?
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 12:27:45 AM »

"Insert Quote

I used to belong to a club that offered such memberships, but that club had an inner circle, and--you guessed it--the inner circle controlled such things. 

You did notice that I said I used to belong....."

Same here.  I used to belong to a local club here but they're just a bunch of cliques that I don't even bother using their open repeater.  I did so a few months ago to call a friend then 2 chumps who are hardcore members jumped in and started calling him.  After 20 years they haven't changed one bit still a bunch of novices without common sense.

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
K5KNE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 10:06:12 PM »

I think that there are a few old timers that have life memberships (free).

You can find the various dues for diffferent catagories on "Temple Amateur Radio Club" website and look at the left side of the page under "Pay Dues".

This schedule has worked good for some time.

Walter  K5KNE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: