Well for the longest time I had been looking around for a Software Recording program that had user definable Sound Cards.
I wanted a program that could use my Signalink USB Sound Card Interface instead of having to reconfigure the PC to use the Signalink as its default Sound Card. Well I had been working with Grant WD6CNF regarding his "NuPacket" Packet Radio Terminal program and getting the Bugs worked out of it. I told him what I was looking for and now we have it. We pretty much have the Bugs worked out but their maybe more out there. Well I made the 1st real test with it on Sat morning Nov 19th in working the ARISSAT-1 Satellite. The program has a Timer that allowed me to tell it when to Start recording and when to End it. I was able to copy the ARISSAT-1 Audio but missed the SSTV Transmission. It was to far down range to copy.
Anyway you can find the Software at: http://hotamateurprograms.com
If you do try it out, leave Grant Feed back on his Webpage
Anyway here are the Vox Recorder Features:
The Vox Recorder program incorporates the following features:
· Voice activated recording (.wav format).
· Continued recording (hangtime) from 0.5 seconds to 5 seconds.
· Playback of recorded audio.
· File to file transfer of the audio with both voice activation and filter enabled.
· Mono or stereo recording.
· Supported sample rates of 11025 Hz, 22050 Hz, and 44100 Hz.
· Input and output Sound Card selection
· Timed (to the hour, minute, second, and AM/PM) recording.
· Timeline display of the recorded or playback audio.
· Bandpass filter (bandwidth/limits can be set by the operator) of recorded or playback audio.
· Output volume control.
· Help file support.
73 de Steve KB6HOH