The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to find my dad's old C.B. callsign  (Read 43283 times)
WA2ISE

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2018, 08:23:00 PM »

I had KAAR5167 around 1975.  Yes, 8 characters.  Then got a real license, a tech WA2ISE (later became a tech plus, and in 2000 upgraded to extra.  Kept WA2ISE. 
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2018, 06:56:58 PM »

Did the FCC ULS system even exist back in those days?? Huh Huh  I remember some locals who had CB calls. Very similar to the business and government call signs.  KMAxxxx and similar.

I'd really doubt that the FCC kept any of those old records, since CB licensing is archaic as high button shoes. But, you can always ask them and find out for sure.

Pete
K5WLR

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2018, 07:14:04 PM »

My CB license (KDT-9645) was originally issued in 1970 and renewed in 1975. When it expired in 1980, the FCC had stopped issuing and renewing CB licenses.

The original application and the renewal were mailed-in papework; no ULS back then.

Will Rogers
K5WLR
BOOMBA

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2018, 04:22:03 PM »

This is one forum topic that I have not heard anyone really get nasty or have some type of negative know it all crap to say.  And it's about CB radio Call signs I love it.  My Dad and Grampa had legit calls, they made wood engraved plaques of them but I don't have those now. Wish I did.  Our neighbor slim pickins had a Moonraker 4 and of course everyone had the D-104.  Good times. 
K5NOK

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2018, 07:44:43 PM »

HI...My name is Brian...and I used CB's in the 1970's.

The groups says...

Hello, Brian.
/
Whew...Confession is good for the soul.

My fcc Cb call sign was kajg7817.
I was part of a great little group in Houston on channel 11.
Made me love radio.

k5nok
W4KYR

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2018, 02:37:23 AM »

Hello,
I don't know if I will catch grief over asking for this in an amateur radio forum, but I am curious to find out what my dad's old C.B. callsign was when he was licensed back in the 70's.  I don't know if there would even be an online database for this, since the FCC did away with C.B. licensing almost 30 years ago, and there were millions of licesed C.B. users back then.  If anyone out there could point me in a direction where I might be able to found out this information, please send me an e-mail.  It was growing up around my dad's c.b. radio that got me interested in becoming a ham.  Thanks!

Mike KU4UV
ku4uv@arrl.net

Some CBers used to have QSL cards made with their calls on it, others had QSL cards with just their handle. Take a look through some of his stuff to see if he had a QSL made.

Try to locate some of his neighbors or former neighbors that moved out of state to see if they know.

See if he wrote it down somewhere in in his belongings or personal notes...

Good Luck

The internet and cellphone networks are great until they go down, what then? Find out here. 
https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,111948.0.html

Using Windows 98 For Packet...
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: