The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC Contaact Require,entnMilitary Overseas  (Read 490 times)
KC9QXP

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2017, 08:59:18 AM »

Good morning,

Need advise and/or were to look, as my current queries are coming up blank.   I am moving overseas as a military member and taking my equipment (yes approved and license is legal in Italy). Question: what address do I use to update the FCC? Military PO Box or permanent military address (parents house in FL)?  Currently it is listed with my current rental.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

V/R
Brennan
KC9QXP
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 11:47:08 AM »

The only requirement is that you can receive mail at the address. Your parents home is probably the best provided that they will forward any mail from the FCC to you. That's what I did for several years in the military.
KC9QXP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 12:31:15 PM »

Thank you, then that's what I'll do.  Just want to remain legal.
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 02:36:11 PM »

ยง97.23   Mailing address.

Each license grant must show the grantee's correct name and mailing address. The mailing address must be in an area where the amateur service is regulated by the FCC and where the grantee can receive mail delivery by the United States Postal Service. Revocation of the station license or suspension of the operator license may result when correspondence from the FCC is returned as undeliverable because the grantee failed to provide the correct mailing address.

(Emphasis added)
KC6ISS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 03:40:17 AM »

When I was stationed in Okinawa, which is where I received my US Novice and Tech licences, I was able to use my APO address.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: