Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duplexer OR Diplexer ?  (Read 2206 times)
W6AOA

Ignore
« on: November 30, 2011, 12:09:13 PM »

I have an old kenwood TM731a. This radio has two seperate SO-239 connectors on it and I have a dualband "J-pole antenna" for 2 meters and 70 cm.   Can anyone tell me what I need and how I can possibly build one.   TNX W6AOA

KG4NEL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 02:45:38 PM »

I have an old kenwood TM731a. This radio has two seperate SO-239 connectors on it and I have a dualband "J-pole antenna" for 2 meters and 70 cm.   Can anyone tell me what I need and how I can possibly build one.   TNX W6AOA

Unless you really feel the need to build one: http://www.rffun.com/catalog/hamantm/cduplex.html

The CF-416A would be what you'd need for that radio.
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 05:56:29 AM »

For the homebrew version, you might look at http://www.qsl.net/ve3rgw/uvdup.html.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 07:16:21 AM »

A duplexer is for running two different frequencies on the same band off one antenna.  Duplexers are usually used for repeater operation. 

A diplexer is for connecting two different band radios to one dual band antenna--or for connecting two single band antennas to a dual band radio.  Keep in mind that both have to be for the specific bands that you're using.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: