Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call Sign to Lat/Lon or Grid Square  (Read 2571 times)
N3QE

Ignore
« on: November 28, 2011, 10:22:48 AM »

Is there an easy lookup table or web-service that will let me look up latitude and longitude, or equivalently grid square, for worldwide amateur call signs?

I used to be able to do this via a script to automate web page lookups on QRZ.COM but this doesn't work for me anymore. I think I could pay for a copy of their database but I'm a typical cheap ham.

I don't need super duper accuracy or precision, I just want to be able to draw maps of band coverage for my contesting efforts.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 07:45:54 PM »

Is there an easy lookup table or web-service that will let me look up latitude and longitude, or equivalently grid square, for worldwide amateur call signs?

I used to be able to do this via a script to automate web page lookups on QRZ.COM but this doesn't work for me anymore. I think I could pay for a copy of their database but I'm a typical cheap ham.

I don't need super duper accuracy or precision, I just want to be able to draw maps of band coverage for my contesting efforts.

Try this

Dave, AA6YQ
KG4NEL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 10:35:00 PM »

There's also a Google Maps-driven version:

http://f6fvy.free.fr/qthLocator/fullScreen.php
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: