The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monitoring Cell Phone Calls  (Read 12022 times)
PBPP

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2016, 08:21:37 AM »

Please be careful with that broad brush of yours.  Just because someone doesn't agree with you or lives up to your 'standards' is no reason to insult them.  

Personally, I find people who insult others to be lacking in morals themselves.  

Do most people keep an eye open on what's happening in the neighborhood?  Did old man Smith cut his grass this week?  Has anyone seen the nice old lady who is in failing health for the past three days?  If there's a loud, sudden sound a few houses down do you close your ears and ignore it, or walk over and take a look to see what happened?  I'll wager you've peeked out the window carefully through the blinds if you heard an unusual sound outside.  If so, you're 'snooping' on the neighbors.  

In case you're wondering, my parents did a very good job of raising me, teaching me everything I need to know in life.  If my behavior isn't up to your lofty standards, tough cookies.  

Please don't try to impose your morals and ethics on me.  It isn't appreciated, nor is it moral or ethical.  Insulting others because YOU believe they have lower ethics is unacceptable behavior in my view.  

If you disagree with me, fine.  That's your right and you're welcome to hold whatever opinion you desire.  

Got it?  Good!
KD6VXI

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2016, 05:54:09 PM »

QYM:  you honestly base your morals on the education and intelligence level of others?

I follow ECPA.   To me,  no it isn't unethical to listen to anything u encrypted.   To use such info,  that makes you an anus.  To use it for anything other than a belly full of chuckles.

Or,  would you have a problem,  if while scanning,  you overheard (and recognized)  a neighbor lady screaming while her husband beat her,  then calling the cops?

There's your ethics question.   Because if you did report it,  that would be illegal.

--Shane
KD6VXI
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2016, 06:50:04 AM »

Like I've stated earlier, its not illegal if it's on the air and you come across it.  But this is a point of ethics and morality...do you continue to sit on the frequency waiting with baited breath for your neighbor's forgotten, transmitting baby monitor to provide your eavesdropping entertainment?  That's the question, would you approach the neighbor (if you knew what house the transmitter was located) and let them know that the signal was still transmitting?  I came across such a transmitted signal years ago when I lived in an apartment building.  The signal came from an apartment ten floors below mine and I tracked it down.  Since I occasionally came across the signal and never heard a baby or child I always wondered what was going on.  Turns out that the couple rented the apartment with many of the furnishings and the 49 mhz baby monitor had remained plugged in and on the floor under the dresser in what been the baby's room.  The new occupants had no idea it was tucked back there (perhaps they weren't very good house keepers) so I approached them and advised I was a ham and had picked up the signal.  Although I never heard any embarrassing dialogue over the air I advised the folks of how easy it was for some unscrupulous person to easily spy on them.  The husband was very grateful and immediately pulled the plug and threw the device away.  That's what I mean when I say that although it isn't illegal to monitor, is it truly moral?  Again, a number of you may not be principled at all which explains why there have been a few defensive statements made on this thread.
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2016, 05:10:11 PM »

You cannot legislate morality.

That said, if the fact you might hear something offensive on the radio bothers you, get rid of your radio equipment and get out of the hobby.
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2016, 07:07:36 AM »

YX.....I never indicated an interest to legislate morality regarding radio monitoring activities but there are plenty of examples in our society where the law does legislate morality as you put it.  We present our opinions and some react differently to them...in fact some take what is written personally as a challenge and affront to their own core values. The same way that we cannot control the character of people we come into contact with...even here on eham.  No, I don't have to give up my radio equipment...not sure why you pulled that one out of your nether region.
ARCSPARK

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2016, 04:20:59 PM »

YX.....I never indicated an interest to legislate morality regarding radio monitoring activities but there are plenty of examples in our society where the law does legislate morality as you put it.  We present our opinions and some react differently to them...in fact some take what is written personally as a challenge and affront to their own core values. The same way that we cannot control the character of people we come into contact with...even here on eham.  No, I don't have to give up my radio equipment...not sure why you pulled that one out of your nether region.
You are another K1LEM, You are an inauspicious individual and will be forever. Angry
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2016, 08:01:24 AM »

Yup...there he is again, ARCSPARK the incessantly angry and demented stalker....I think it's time to change your diapers.
ARCSPARK

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2016, 01:03:56 PM »

Yup...there he is again, ARCSPARK the incessantly angry and demented stalker....I think it's time to change your diapers.
ok Gary jr, again You act and sound the same, it is a shame the both of you are bringing John down to your level, John did not act like you and Gary, it was not until Gary and yourself started to hang out on 7185, Gary has been acting like an ass hat for well over 40 years, what is your excuse for the last five or so years Huh
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Yesterday at 09:44:01 AM »

ok Gary jr, again You act and sound the same, it is a shame the both of you are bringing John down to your level, John did not act like you and Gary, it was not until Gary and yourself started to hang out on 7185, Gary has been acting like an ass hat for well over 40 years, what is your excuse for the last five or so years Huh

Arcspark...I know you have me mixed up with someone else.  I hardly ever hear John (KB3MZQ) on the air let alone QSO with him due to impossible propagation between us in the morning and by 8 am I'm off the air and on the way to work.  Besides, I rarely speak to Gary either on 7185 because I QSY to another frequency for short morning QSOs with others; again, I'm off the air before 8 am even on weekends.  There are people on 7185 playing recordings all the time in addition to the other QRMers there...perhaps that's what your hearing and can't tell the difference due to your advanced age.  So again, your age is playing tricks on you Old Man. PLEASE STOP HARASSING ME!
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Yesterday at 01:38:51 PM »

Well since the feds listen in on cell phones all the time without warrant and its highly illegal doing so... you might as well get you a cell stingray device too and just break the law right along with them. You could use the Hitlery Clinton defense in court and just say "your honor Hitlery Clinton was let go free and clear after committing several thousands counts of treason and neglect". You are sure to be let go within the hour.

You really are pretty clueless and preaching gloom and doom huh? I really love the "1000's of treason offenses BS. Nice, you like making it up as you go. What other BS you got?

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20 WPM Extra
KK4YDR

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Yesterday at 08:16:41 PM »

haha im not going to trade blows with you. Your lost man.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:37:11 PM by KK4YDR » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: