Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SWL, do you have you Ham License Yet ?  (Read 15886 times)
N5RWJ

Ignore
« on: December 05, 2011, 03:51:37 PM »

If you plan on getting your Ham license, then take a look at the Technician Ham Exam on the left side bar,
when you have questions, then go to the forum also on the left side bar, find the Elmer's forum and post your questions their.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 03:02:38 PM by N5RWJ » Logged
WA4053SWL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 06:09:28 PM »

Hello again, only to answer some Grin
I never thought about having a license, I like to listen.
Started listening in year 1984, it was still a pleasure to listen to shortwave, lot of activity, many radios, very few noise, incredible propagation, spent the night awake listening to the nets, for example I liked on 20 meters, 14.222 KHz, Jim Smith VK9NS, many fabulous DX stations here in this net. Cheesy
I love contests, I have won several, I have won several trophies, medals, certificates, now my goal is to complete the DXCC list in phone and CW.
I like to listen only to unlicensed Grin
73 to all de George Grin
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 05:40:01 AM »

Hello again, only to answer some Grin
I never thought about having a license, I like to listen.
Started listening in year 1984, it was still a pleasure to listen to shortwave, lot of activity, many radios, very few noise, incredible propagation, spent the night awake listening to the nets, for example I liked on 20 meters, 14.222 KHz, Jim Smith VK9NS, many fabulous DX stations here in this net. Cheesy
I love contests, I have won several, I have won several trophies, medals, certificates, now my goal is to complete the DXCC list in phone and CW.
I like to listen only to unlicensed Grin
73 to all de George Grin

I miss Jim Smith. He was always a solid and reliable contact from Norfolk Island.....Now Norfolk will probably be a more sought after country on the most wanted list as a result.....

V
KA3NRX
WA4HHG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 06:33:41 PM »

Got mine 38 years ago.  Still enjoy SWBC and MWDX more than Ham Radio.

Chuck ippel
WA4HHG
KE4VVF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 06:11:25 PM »

I have been licensed since 1995, Shortwave, scanner and DX Broadcast listener decades before that.
KD8AMR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 10:57:44 AM »

Licensed in 2003, made General in 2004.  Only work 2M because of location (not enough room for a transmit antenna), besides, SWL is what I like best.
W9KDX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 06:14:26 AM »

I have been a listener since 1960 and I always wanted to be licensed, just could never pass the code requirement.  Got my General last year and I'm taking the Extra this summer.  I still listen more than I talk.

Sam
W9KDX
KJ6RGY

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 05:36:10 PM »

The same as Sam.
Been a listener since the '50s. Studied for the novice class but never got the hang of code.
Just passed the tech. class a few months ago.
Through it all I still enjoy SWL.
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 05:30:29 PM »

I started DXing MW and SW in the early to mid-1980s but never knuckled down for my license until 2001. It took another decade before I finally got around to my first QSO, but I've been having a blast since.
RENTON481

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 11:48:16 PM »

Any time I drummed up the interest to study for a license, something else got in the way.

Ironically, now that they got rid of the code requirement, I'm listening to the CW portions of the ham bands more.  I'm not sure I'll ever decide to become a ham, but if I do, I'll probably try the Tech CW HF sub-bands, as well as sideband on 10 meters.
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 05:43:20 PM »

I can't remember which one arrived first - my WPE7YQ SWL "call sign" or KN7KBN, my Novice CALL SIGN.  They were within a day of each other in December 1959.

So to answer the question: yes.  Or maybe not yet. 

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: