Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Real-time band scope and frequency spectrum display?  (Read 14599 times)
G4AON

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 11:03:24 AM »

Has anyone used an FT-950 (or other Yaesu) with the IF-2000 card driving an Electraft P3 Panadapter?  I was just curious especially now that the P3 has a VGA card that will allow you to connect the P3 up to a hi-res monitor and not be restricted to the small 4" display in the P3
I use a P3 with my K3 and find the screen size and resolution just great. I already have two monitors on my shack PC and don't feel the need for a large panoramic display of the band. The advantage to me is the P3 sits alongside the K3 and so my eye is at the same level when looking around for signals, with an external monitor you have to look up at the display then down at the radio.

The P3 is good enough on it's own to "click and go" on pretty much any signal provided the screen span isn't too wide.

73 Dave
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 08:25:56 AM »

I use an Elecraft P3 band scope.  The display is rather small, but they recently released a SVGA card for an external display.  I picked it up at Dayton this year and recently installed it in conjunction with a 24" monitor.  The P3 can be used with gear other than Elecraft.  See pix below:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/TwoSevenRight/2012-06-03_19-56-58_892.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/TwoSevenRight/waterfall.jpg
KA2UUP

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 07:45:06 AM »

Thanks for the info.   I didn't find out about the SDR-IQ until after I had bought the sound card.    I'm going to have a hard time convincing the wife to let me spend $525 for that vice $230 for the LP-Pan.    She's already agreed to the new radio, so I don't want to push my luck.

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission!!!! - author unknown, and I say that tongue in cheek!!!

However, seriously, the SDR is the better approach.

Good luck on your quest!!!

73 DE Bert, KA2UUP
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: