Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QSL Cards: How close is close enough?  (Read 3242 times)
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 11:09:37 AM »

I have a dilemma that I'm hoping to get some advice/guidance on. I don't think there are any hard fast rules but I'm interested in others' take on it.

I'm getting ready to order QSL cards. I currently live in North Charleston and would love to put a picture of Charleston on the cards. For someone who's not from around here, it's a great view of a beautiful city. But, in a few weeks, I'm hoping to move about 5 miles down the road to Ladson. Ladson's a nice place but I don't think there are any visuals that would make someone say, "oohh.. that's Ladson!"

I'd like to use the Charleston picture but it's really about 10 miles away in what's technically another city. I mean, if you got my QSL card and thought, "ooh.. that's Ladson", it wouldn't be quite honest. Now, if you got my QSL overseas.. well.. it's a fair representation of the area from a view that far away.

The problem is that I'm on the fence and need some knocking off. What do y'all think?

73, Chris - AK4KZ

I wish you luck in solving your predicament Smiley  I truly hope you don't suffer the same sort of ailment in determining when to send these ART treasures direct and when to go via the buro. If so, you're going to have a long and painful career in ham radio.

My mantra is "Do what feels good and don't sweat the small stuff".

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
KG4NEL

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 01:02:55 PM »

Mine has a photo of the Orion Nebula.  I live very far from the Orion Nebula.  Wink

It used to be better, but got too touristy the last time I went.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: