The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Setting up and maintaining a repeater  (Read 62289 times)
KC4CMR

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2015, 07:55:18 PM »

So so true.  Two of us provide repeaters free of charge to our area as our club really could not afford it.  Most everyone
is supportive but we have a guy that has complained about them and competed for 25 years and counting.  They arent as good as what he had in Jersey, the
audio is not as good as what he had in Jersey, blah blah blah, he purposely has a crappy signal into them so he can complain.  If you are going to be in the repeater business, you better have a thick skin.
W2IBC

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2015, 03:13:14 PM »

So so true.  Two of us provide repeaters free of charge to our area as our club really could not afford it.  Most everyone
is supportive but we have a guy that has complained about them and competed for 25 years and counting.  They arent as good as what he had in Jersey, the
audio is not as good as what he had in Jersey, blah blah blah, he purposely has a crappy signal into them so he can complain.  If you are going to be in the repeater business, you better have a thick skin.

tell him to go back to Joisey

I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!
KJ4I

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2015, 08:17:01 AM »

There are a number of hams that have little or no respect for what the repeater owner is providing. I just recently pulled all my old equipment and replaced it with brand new stuff since it was barely on the air. The repeater is working better than it has in many years and honestly sounds great. Despite all the hard work and effort I still get complainers, can you change this, can you turn up or down the audio, I don't like the ID, it don't sound like so & so's repeater I like the way theirs does this or that yada yada yada on and on. My philosophy is if you don't like the way my repeater works then go use so & so's repeater or find somewhere else to talk. A person has no right to complain when they have no physical or financial part in the system. It's a sad but true fact that there are a lot of hams out there that have no respect or appreciation for what the repeater owner is providing to them free of charge but boy they sure like to spend your money telling you what features they would like for you to add to the repeater. I have always been generous and never accepted donations and never will but despite that, there will always be the whiners. You will never get rid of them. Some stick around for years. If and when they ever go away someone else will almost always take their place sooner or later. You do have to have a thick skin to be in the repeater business. I have no intentions of letting my repeater go. I have just learned to ignore the negative stuff or just tell them flat out that they have plenty of other repeaters to choose from. Any repeater owner will appreciate a legitimate report or suggestion if something isn't working right or could possibly be improved but some stuff is just flat nonsense. Just the life of a repeater owner.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:23:32 AM by KJ4I » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: