Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Working with Electronics  (Read 3666 times)
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 07:38:47 PM »

It's amazing the number of times I have worn a pair of mismatched socks and discovered another pair just like it at home. 
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 02:05:04 AM »

My  system for dealing with this situation: Whenever  I start a new project and lose a part on the floor or bench I immediately set it aside for a few days or week and start another project,then while searching for a missing part on this current project I most always find the missing part on the one I set aside.Works for me.
K7PEH

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 09:11:53 AM »

Lost tiny screws and quantum mechanics...

The quantum rules for tiny screws are:

1.  When the screw is small enough, it can be in more then one place simultaneously.
2.  When the screw is small enough, it can be anywhere until it is observed.
3.  When the screw is small enough, and when it is observed, its quantum amplitude collapses to that observed position.
4.  However, time dependence changes the collapsed wave-form amplitude and it is lost again.

If the screw is small enough and with high enough energy then it can change into something else, like a lost super small resistor.
Therefore, while looking for that lost screw, and if you find a resistor, think that maybe, just maybe you did find your screw.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: