Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wouxun KG-UV920R Mobile  (Read 44940 times)
KG6BRG

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2012, 07:01:55 AM »

That's quite pricey!  I just picked up an old FT-4700rh dual band for $15.00.  After 4 new lamps and a reset, it's working as it should,  Smells a bit of ciggy smoke but for the price it's a small price to pay.  I have 2 of the Wouxun HT's and for around $100.00 they are a great value, but much more and I'd look at the big three.  If Wouxun gets greedy they will see their US market suddenly dry up.
W8EDV

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 11:30:56 PM »

I've been watching this radio for a while now and hopefully we'll see a good hands on review soon... I have a Baofeng  and a Wouxun HT, and they both are amazing for the price. I put the Wouxun up against my Icom as and Yaesu as far as the recievers and the Chinese HT's seem to be just as good in performance at a fraction of the cost. I dont have the build quality, and minus some features, but it does what I need it to do, and didn't break the bank.  Maybe the big brand makers will take a hint and offer some lower prices....there is a new kid on the block and he's looking to make some money... Shocked
KF5KXC

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 08:00:38 PM »

Main Trading Company has sold a lot of Wouxun HT's. Originally, he had this being available in July but now has it as 'Real Soon Now'.

Nota Bene:  MTC is now carrying Icom & Kenwood and will have 'Kenwood Day' on October 20th.
N4DHN

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 10:11:01 AM »

If there going to sell the KG-UV920R for $320-375 I'm gonna hold out for the Kenwood TM-V71A for $405, The hell with it. At the end of the day its QUALITY.And I wont gamble with that.. Sad
GREGWTH7MMMAG

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 07:28:27 PM »

Heck, if you shop around, you can fetch the V71A for well under $400

KD0PWN
W8WAW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2012, 04:59:43 AM »

I just ordered mine from Cheapham this AM.
KV6O

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2012, 05:07:17 PM »

Looks like it's a Part 90 type accepted, dual band rig.  That seems to change the game a little, I could have one radio that covers Ham, Public Service (of which I am a user), and GMRS (I know, part 95, but I'll take the chance).  I'd like to hear how it performs!

Steve
KV6O
N1VLZ

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2012, 10:20:20 AM »

I have been watching this for some time.  I saw back in July that Main trading was get some, but they were not part Part 90.  I am glad that they are now.  The price seems reasonable for a dual band.  I will be purchasing one in the future for my wife's car.  I like the fact that I can use it for amateur use and store some public safety channels that I use.  Her vehicle is small and does not have much room for radios.  I will me maintain separate radios for amateur and public safety in my truck.  It is nice to see that other people have the same thoughts about this radio as I do.

Brian N1VLZ
W6VMT

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2012, 05:38:20 PM »

Looks like a revised "P" version will replace the "R"....sometime.. Grin  http://hamgear.wordpress.com/2012/11/21/goodbye-wouxun-kg-uv920r-welcome-wouxun-kg-uv920p/
PD0AC

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 08:30:02 AM »

The P version should be available in December.

Still not 100% perfect, but really close. Much better than the 'R' version for sure (harmonic suppression, rotary encoders). On request the remaining flaws were sent to Wouxun R&D. I'm not completely confident that they will be able to fix them all before shipping out the new version, but let's wait and see.

Hans

http://hamgear.wordpress.com/
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2012, 05:04:57 AM »

I'll bet that when they do correct those 'flaws' that the corrected, improved version will be even more expensive than the one out now.  So much for the Chinese and their cheap radio sets.
PD0AC

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2012, 05:31:15 AM »

Chris, I think you're right.

The only reason we're interested in these Chinese rigs is a lower price, but we don't want to be annoyed by too many cons, bugs and flaws. That's not the case yet. So far I only got three Chinese models on my test bench (Wouxun x 2, Anytone AT-588UV), but there are a few more I'm trying to get my hands on.

1. Baojie BJ-UV55
2. TYT TH-9800 (quad band)

I didn't give up hope yet,  but I'm also realistic. Perfecting rigs takes time, and having end users detecting or sorting out the quirks seems to be an easy and cheap way to get input for R&D departments.

In short: if you're an early adopter, consider yourself a guinea pig.

Hans

http://hamgear.wordpress.com/
W6VMT

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 02:31:32 PM »

Hans....Thanks for the testing and reporting you do!
K2BN

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2012, 08:49:20 AM »

Radio Listed on ebay with 2 weeks delivery. It seems to be the same basic range as the Baofeng and Wouxun handy-talkies
KCJ9091

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2012, 12:05:25 PM »

If anybody still cares Austin Amateur Radio Supply just got in a shipment.  $289 with the programming cable and software.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: