Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donald Pinson W6HFS stole my radio, amplifier, and mobile antenna........  (Read 187995 times)
KC8UAV

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 06:19:44 AM »

Still waiting on my property..............yawn..............come on Don, grow a spine.
KA1CDE

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2013, 04:04:22 PM »

Don Pinson has changed his call again ?

Please be advised he stole my gear, everytime the police went there , he would send me email laughing about it.  Yeah 3000 miles aways
Makes it difficult to prosecute but please be aware
He has changed his call again!!!!!

NA0DP.    Don Pinson new call, 3 time he has changed it.

Thanks to all for letting others know to beware of Don Pinson
Thief !!!! na0dp

W0DV

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2013, 03:54:36 PM »

Thiefs are hard to figure out. I can't understand how a thief can have any self resepct at all. You need to prosecute this guy. This story is a lesson for everyone. You just can't trust anyone anymore. I would be relentless in my pursuit to get my goods/money back.

Good Luck,

Dave
W8MLD

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2013, 07:54:48 AM »

Not your fault Don that the USPS lost the item???  If true that is down right cold and a terrible way to treat another Ham!!!  If I had sent something to someone by the US Postal Service I would have it insured and certified with return reciept, so I would have proof it was sent and if lost or damaged could be replaced.  To me it sounds like you scammed this guy.  Man up and help him out.  If the stuff is lost you should do everything in your power on your end to find out what happened to it not say "USPS lost it, not my fault".  That is a pathetic and disgraceful response to a fellow amateur!
KC9TUS

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2013, 09:55:01 PM »

WOW....

He made the Orting Washington News. My Uncle was reviewing past articles and found this:

http://www.ortingnews.com/article/2013/3/local-ham-operator-don-pinson-accused-of-running-internet-scam.html
N3HFS

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 06:21:18 PM »

He's giving us 'HFSes a bad call!
KA5ROW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2013, 07:54:26 AM »

Sense don doesn't know what you look like go see him. Stop by and say saw your antennas and then say, I am working on my ham license can you tell me more about it. He probably will show you his shack. If he does you may just see some of your stuff. Say that a cool shack leave and go to the police.

Of course the trip will cost you more than the equipment is worth. But getting an conviction / arrest would be a priceless satisfaction
W4LTZ

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2013, 01:31:51 PM »

This is the kind of thing you see a drug addict doing. Thsi person has no conscience and probably won't, even if someone beats him senseless.
AC9EJ

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2013, 04:59:01 AM »

Hello guys,

I am a returning ham and new to the forums.  In fact, this is my first post.

I have turned over this information to my friend who is a senior postal inspector.  My guess is, they are so overburdened with stuff like this, it's just one more piece of straw in the haystack.   I am also wondering a couple of things.

1.  What about the FBI ?   I have a acquaintance that is former FBI and may be able to advise, but, in any case, a field office needs to be informed.
2.  What about the FCC ?   Clearly, the man is using his FCC license in the process of committing what is likely federal crimes

This is one guy, and a bad dude.  But, there are way more good guys than bad guys. 

The power of many.   Smiley

j
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2013, 08:16:38 AM »

IMO, regardless of who you report him to, Don's NOT going to be prosecuted.

INVESTIGATORS AND PROSECUTORS:

1.  Have limited time and resources.  They have to PRIORITIZE.  Going after a small-time fraudster and ignoring violent/street crime isn't an efficient use of available resources.  Also, it doesn't sit well with the VOTERS!

2.   Don't like fraud cases.  Fraud cases are built on primarily circumstantial evidence and are hard to prosecute.  They prefer cases with tangible evidence and witnesses.  They like "spectacular" wins: that's what the VOTERS remember! 

N9LCD

KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2013, 07:22:32 PM »

Don Pinson of Orting Washington ripped me off. W6HFS

We were suppose to trade my Icom 706MK2G, an ALS 500 Mobile amp, plus my Hf antenna for his Brand New Icom 7000 he bought the day after Christmas........Well never got it !! Don "spaced", didnot want to ship it?, My stuff was all broken? Oh he then said he jmumped to conclusions made a mistake its OK? says did ship it but must be lost?, doesn't know anything about it? Doesn't want to talk to the post office, Not his problem. (US Post Office told me nothing ever shipped) Ripped OFF by Donald Pinson, Like many others here, he has ripped off me and many others, do not do any business With Donald Pinson W6HFS.........

I even offered to pay for all shipping if he would just return my stuff!!!

But why would he, it all worked great and was FREE I guess, he never sent anything like he said.........Just ripped me OFF !

When dealing with Donald Pinson it seemed normal, until you finally realize your never getting what you supposely traded for, then he is a different person when you deal with him..

Oh Yeah, he said he just could not wait to get my stuff !!!!

Heck by now he must have stole enough stuff to refurbish his entire shack......

Donald Pinson W6HFS stole my radio, amplifier, and mobile antenna........

Let this be your first and only expensive lesson in using the USPS to buy or sell.  You need your mail to have DELIVERY CONFIRMATION with RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED.  This way they can not simply claim they did not receive your packages.  In the future when you do this, you will have the proof you need to initiate a mail fraud investigation from the USPS.

Just mailing stuff to people is no good.  You have to do it correctly, and the USPS has all the tools you need to accomplish this.
W7HBP

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2014, 03:40:11 PM »

you got a Local Home Town Eyewitness Action News tipline number?  with documentation, maybe things can get speeded up some.  the bee/dog angle might get their interest, and the sheriff's good buddy angle might keep it.

Seattle news has an aggressive guy named "Jesse" who goes after scammers. Orting isnt too far south, in Jesses range for sure. Call Jesse Jones. He puits it on TV and doesnt let up.

http://www.king5.com/news/get-jesse
SWL377

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2014, 12:28:42 PM »

He's had trouble before.

From local court and tax assessor public records:
Civil Judgment Filing Record

Filing Information

Filing Number:062051811
Filing Type:CIVIL JUDGMENT
Action Type: CIVIL JUDGMENT
Filing Office:PIERCE SUPERIOR COURT - TACOMA
930 TACOMA AVE S
TACOMA, WA 98402
Filing County: PIERCE
Filing Date: 03/01/2006

Debtor Information

Debtor:PINSON, DONALD
21321 194TH AVE E
ORTING, WA 98360
Debtor Type: INDIVIDUAL
Debtor Amount:$5,349.00

He and his wife own a house.

Real Property Tax Assessor Record

Source Information

Tax Roll Certification Date: 01/14/2012

Owner Information Current Through:02/13/2014

County Last Updated:03/06/2014

Current Date: 03/17/2014

Source:TAX ASSESSOR PIERCE, WASHINGTON

Owner Information

Owner(s):PINSON DONALD P
 PINSON DEBRA K
Owner Relationship: HUSBAND/WIFE
Property Address: 21321 194TH AVE E
ORTING, WA 98360-9703
Mailing Address: PO BOX 1325
ORTING, WA 98360-1325

File a small claims case, win it, get a judgement, put a lien on his property. It wont get you paid right away but its a start.

It's a shame that law enforcement won't pusue this matter vigourously. It creates a no prosecution zone in which thieves can and do flourish.

KF5ZYS

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2014, 05:00:18 PM »

This is pretty easy I think. The contact for the sale was made in your jurisdiction.  He would have to travle. If he noshows you get a judgment. If he counters in his venue then file for a change of venue
KA5PIU

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2014, 01:26:38 AM »

Hello.

First off, his last call was AA7DP.
And, second, in every case there was to be some sort of trade, not an actual sale.
He was in HIS location when the offers were tendered, not yours.
You can not argue theft, as this was to be an "Even Trade".
You have almost no legal recourse in this case under Washington state law.
And, no, this would have to be filed under Washington state law.
Where you are from or sent something from has no bearing on the case.
You chose to send your property to his location.
And, there is no set dollar amounts.
Under Washington state and Federal law, there was no actual theft
Now, the license he held were all cancelled in 2012.
In short, the guy knows the law and decided to screw a bunch of people.
Not one, not 2, not 3, but well over a dozen, and counting!
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: