Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EA7 = Africa???????????????  (Read 745 times)
NU4B

Ignore
« on: February 12, 2012, 12:20:27 PM »

DX-World has this info posted on an upcoming expedition to Alboran Island, AF-042. The info says the Spanish authorities have reassigned the call area for Alboran Island as part of EA7. (The expedition call is supposed to be EG3INT/7.) I assume the island is still part of Africa and counts as EA9?HuhHuh??

http://dx-world.net/2012/eg3int-7-alboran-island-af-042/

I have a card from the last Alboran expedition that says it is in zone 33.

(Yes, slow DX day - but interesting trivia)
N8HM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 05:17:25 AM »

If it's politically part of Almeria province, I would guess that it would count as just a normal EA contact for DXCC purposes. Someone will have to make an inquiry with the DXCC desk about what this DXpedition will count for.
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 02:34:00 PM »

IG9 and IH9 are islands in zone 33 for CQ awards, and CQ magazine calls them "African Italy," but for worked all continent purposes, they count for Europe.  I guess the IARU and CQ can't agree on everything.

73s John AA5JG

Speaking of IG9/IH9 islands, do you know if they have active hams on the islands, or only activated with DXpeditions?

John K7KB
M0TTB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 03:12:22 PM »

IG9 and IH9 are islands in zone 33 for CQ awards, and CQ magazine calls them "African Italy," but for worked all continent purposes, they count for Europe.  I guess the IARU and CQ can't agree on everything.

73s John AA5JG

Speaking of IG9/IH9 islands, do you know if they have active hams on the islands, or only activated with DXpeditions?

John K7KB

Pantelleria definitely has a few resident radio amateurs, IH9YMC is very active. Not sure about Lampedusa.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: