Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote Rig and FLDIGI  (Read 2018 times)
KO1D

Ignore
« on: March 10, 2012, 12:59:42 PM »

Our EMA built a new EOC. On the plus side we are going to get a much nicer station location and antennas. On the minus side we have to remote everything. We use FLDIGI for data in this area and if we use Remote Rig (most likely with a TMD710) what are the issues we will have? For example, can you use FLDIGI via the remote rig or do you need to set up something separate? The run will take us from one end of a building to another and since we cannot run a coax to our location we are very limited on options.

Also, if we simply inject the FLDIGI into an audio circuit via the mic jack will that work well enough or is there something which may cause an issue (i.e. audio limitations or latency in the Remote Rig circuitry.)

Any advice or first hand experience is appreciated.

W/r

Dan Sullivan
KO1D
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 01:21:44 PM »

You might consider simply using a remote desktop for the computer next to rig. For all intents and purposes you are sitting right there in front of it. You have to log out on machine next to rig and connect to desktop remotely as you cannot do both at same time with basic OS.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:40:39 PM by W8JX » Logged

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 05:32:32 PM »

I remotely control our club shack from 6 miles away with LogMeIn... you just have to get the EMA to give you an internet connection.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: