Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Still having trouble with LOTW  (Read 899 times)
AG5T

Ignore
« on: February 20, 2012, 03:47:07 PM »

I am still having trouble with LOTW. This evening I sat down and thought I entered 53 records. When I tried signing the file, it said I had entered 38 records. I now have to sit down and re-enter all those records again. Is it better to enter like 10 records, sign them and then upload them and do small increments of 10 records?? I have no idea why it did not take my records. I edited an existing ADIF file and saved the file with all the records I entered, so why did it not take my records after I entered them why I tried to sign the file? If you can't tell, I am really getting frustrated with LOTW.
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 04:37:17 PM »

Is it maybe a problem with your logging software?  The ADIF file isn't correct, perhaps?  How said you entered the data--into what software, your logger?  An ADIF editor?  You said you edited an existing ADIF file--do you mean with a text editor?  Losing a bracket in one tiny place could throw things off, I think.   For what it's worth, I haven't had any problems with LOTW uploads, and I'm using homebrewed logging software, which would probably be more likely to have problems than big commercial packages.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:15:57 AM by AC4RD » Logged
W1BVV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 11:13:01 AM »

When you sign a file, if there are errors in the adif file it will stop at the error and give you an error message and tell you what field the error was in.  It will also throw out duplicate qso's.  It will fail for any error including typos, missing data or non-existent call signs.  Hope this helps.

Dave - W1BVV
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: