Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the device?  (Read 13737 times)
W8ASA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 10:55:33 AM »

If the folded dipole gives a "good" signal strength, try putting a 10 or 20 dB attenuator in the feedline. You will get much better nulls that way. In DFing, sometimes it's better to use the nulls than the peaks. Go around town and get at least six readings from different locations, and plot those as accurately as you can on a map.
WB6BYU

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »

I have an old military DF loop that covers that range that you can borrow.

I may be able to give it a listen myself at some point if I'm not too busy with work.
Broson Creek?  Can you give a cross-street or an exit number?  I work in Hillsboro
and will try to bring the equipment with me to check it out if I can.  (If necessary
I can build a 6m beam and put it on the roof of my van.)

But it does sound like the wireless headphones that have been the cause of similar problems.

KB7WOX

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 02:25:13 PM »

Many thanks for the help,

The regularly of the local OTA sunrise news show (04:30-07:00) appearing in 90 minute segments each weekday morning, and starting and stopping times being within +/- 2 minutes each day suggests a recording? timer is involved.  Even the standard to daylight time zone shift didn’t break the routine. But what is odd, is why the first hour (0430 to 0530LT) of the telecast is never included?

Update: The RFI TV audio is now continuing beyond 07:00 PDT...but lasted only one week, now back to the above morning schedule as of 3/26...

Update: The morning RFI TV audio was in the 50.060MHz to 50.080MHz range, is this higher frequency now due to the device reacting to rising local climatic temps?

The last 90 minute segment features the "sky" view chopper aerial shots which maybe why the select viewing?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:23:32 AM by KB7WOX » Logged
KB7WOX

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 07:08:31 AM »

Update: The morning news watching has now extended beyond 0700PDT, if this continues or is just a one off is unknown.  

New Update: While tracking the audio beyond 0700 this morning in CW mode, heard what sounded like a 800Hz sidetone beep at 0706, than the program audio was gone. Switching back to FM mode heard the usual dead drifting carrier at 50.020MHz... guess the old schedule is back? That is until Friday the 4th when it was nonstop audio until 1100am.  

Update: Whoever is behind the RFI they are avid watchers of stock car racing on Fox TV and apparently want the world to know it.

7 May: Audio start up at 5:39am following a series of clicks...audio shut off at 6:58, now with a nice drifting tone in the CW band, guess this is the schedule this week...

Evening update: Now operating in the 50.100 to 50.125+MHz frequency range, a new higher drift level...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:11:27 PM by KB7WOX » Logged
KB7WOX

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 05:37:31 PM »

Last year it was Gilligan's Island, this year it’s wall to wall M*A*S*H* shows! These clowns are a Nielsen ratings gold mine. All that’s missing is the video for free cable TV.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: