Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW filters for Icom 775  (Read 374 times)
W7ET

Ignore
« on: January 17, 2006, 05:29:05 PM »

I'm preparing to get back into HF after being away for 20+ yrs. I will be using a "box stock" Icom 775 and am wondering what to do for CW filters.

I'm a casual CW operator at best, and most likely will be doing far more listening than sending.

Looking at the CW filters Icom offers for this rig makes me wonder what is the best way to go. I believe the 250hz. is too narrow for my application and dont think the 350hz. would be a whole lot better.

Does anyone have experience with this rig that might offer some helpful tips. It'll be a while before I get a shack setup since there's no antennas here but want to get some ideas what direction to head.

Thanks,
Bill, W7ET
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 03:04:34 AM »

Are you sure you don't want to just sell yours and buy a 756 Pro3? That way you would never have to worry about what filters to buy regardless of mode!

There is a 775 on eBay right now with a bid of just over $2000. For only another $1k you could have the Pro3.

Scott N0IU
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 09:00:29 AM »

INRAD (International Radio) sells filters for your radio.  I just checked their website and they have 400 Hz bandwidth filters for each IF slot.  You could also cascade two different bandwidth filters to give a choice of overall CW bandwidths.

73 & GL,
Chuck  NI0C
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: