Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coaxial Phase Meter  (Read 853 times)
K4TQL

Ignore
« on: February 26, 2012, 10:59:02 AM »

Back in  the 80's I built something called a Coaxial Phase Meter.  It displayed relative levels of capacitive and inductive reactance on a coax transmission line.  It would do so at fairly high power levels.  It was built, as I recall, something like an SWR bridge.  It didn't actually measure the amount of reactance but was handy for showing what type and relative levels.  It was really handy for adjusting an antenna tuner.  Along with an SWR bridge, you could pretty quickly tune out the reactance and set the impedance to the proper amount.  My problem is I lost the meter in my house fire a few years ago along with the magazine article i built it from.  I believe it was from an article in CQ Magazine (or even Ham Radio Magazine or 73 Magazine) from an issue sometime in the 80's or before.

If someone knows where I can find that article or even furnish a copy of it, I would certainly appreciate it.  Repeated searches of the internet have been fruitless and searching CQ's archives is not only terrible but expensive.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce, K4TQL
WB6BYU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 01:17:11 PM »

It's always in the last place you look, of course...

That would be, "Building and Using the Coax Phase Detector" by David Geiser WA2ANU, which
appeared in CQ for January 1962.

[edited to add] My copy is stained, but still readable.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:26:30 PM by WB6BYU » Logged
K4TQL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 04:36:38 PM »

I do appreciate your looking.  Would it be possible to get a copy of the article?  Perhaps by PDF?

BN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: