Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom 756Pro2 CW help  (Read 366 times)
W8DU

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2006, 08:34:18 PM »

Does anyone know if it is possible to switch the internal keyer in the IC-756Pro2 from iambic mode B to iambic mode A?

Tnx es 73 de Arnie
W8DU at ARRL dot NET
N3EF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 04:04:54 AM »

I see no reference to doing this in the manual and I have the same problem with my FT-897. You'd think they would provide for this in a rig like the 756Pro2 Even my little K1 has this option. Sorry I am of no help to you but at least I sympathize with your dilemma.

Eric
K9FV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 11:57:16 AM »

Just another case where ICOM dropped the ball in their "high end" rigs - I've got the 756Pro and it doesn't even display the keyer speed - while my K1 does.  ICOM's 706 series also displayed the keyer speed, why not the high end rigs?

ken
KG6WLS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 08:31:31 AM »

"Just another case where ICOM dropped the ball in their "high end" rigs - I've got the 756Pro and it doesn't even display the keyer speed - while my K1 does."

Although this doesn't relate to the topic on hand but, I run Ham Radio Deluxe w/ my 746Pro and the CW speed rate is on the lower tool bar with a slider. However, yet to find CW pitch or RF power with that program either. For a free download, it seems to do everything else. Still learning my way through it after two weeks of use with that program.

Next rig (after upgrade) FT-1000MP MK V

Gud luck & 73
Mike
K9FV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 08:11:39 AM »

Thanks for the info - I played around with "Ham radio Deluxse" some a couple of yrs ago with my 706 and a homebrew CV-17 interface - I'll have to dig out the interface and try that.  

Wouldn't it have been nice if ICOM had displayed the keyer speed on the radio?

Ken H.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: