Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio-Mart Sales & Service!!!  (Read 27884 times)
N0MKC

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2012, 09:18:49 AM »

Anyone know what ID(s) he is using to purchase on eBay?

I may be putting some stuff up there in the next few weeks, and (to avoid potential problems) would just as soon not sell to him.

If that is your worry, why not avoid eBay and use the classfied section here and the other two ham websites? Then you'll know who is trying to buy your stuff before you've committed to the sale. You also won't have to pay the listing fee  Cheesy

Different venues give different results - I've had better responses selling on eBay than posting here.  If I had any of Martyn's eBay IDs, I would be putting them on my blocked bidders list as mentioned by VHK.

However, I've decided to start here with my latest item for sale; if it doesn't sell here, it goes on eBay next week.
N0RPW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012, 11:26:37 AM »

I recently ordered a yaesu hand mic for my ft 100d from martyn and it arrived rather quickly but when I plugged it into my rig it wouldnt key it. I contacted martyn and he told me to send it back for a refund minus the $15.00 shipping. It cost me an additional $6.00 to send it back. I told him that I wanted another mic and not a refund. Martyn told me he would test another and send it out. Well he refunded me the cost of the mic minus the shipping. I re emailed him back and told him I wanted a mic not a refund. He then told me he forgot and he would test one and get it out to me. Well its been about a month now and I still have not heard from him yet nor have I recived my mic and Im out $21.00 in shipping costs. Thats a heck of a way to run a shop! I will never ever purchase anything from Radio mart again. BTW Martyn advertised the mic as being origional Yaesu equipment. It was not. It was a cheap chineese knock off.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2012, 04:30:09 AM »

...Well its been about a month now and I still have not heard from him yet nor have I recived my mic and Im out $21.00 in shipping costs. Thats a heck of a way to run a shop! I will never ever purchase anything from Radio mart again. BTW Martyn advertised the mic as being origional Yaesu equipment. It was not. It was a cheap chineese knock off.

Just added proof that all RadioMart is interested in is the money--and the customer can go to h*ll.  I'm sorry that you had to learn that the hard way.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2012, 06:46:35 PM »

This sounds like a typical "radio-mart" transaction. Martyn sends you something that does not work ( even though it was fully tested by his team of highly trained technicians )  and then wants YOU to pay return shipping, even though he sold you junk in the first place.

As I have already said, you should fire off a few letters of complaint to Heil Sound and LDG electronics and let them know what kind of a show "radio-mart" runs ...
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2013, 08:17:33 AM »

...his team of highly trained technicians...

You mean the occupants of the monkey cage at the zoo, don't you?   Grin
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 08:05:22 PM »

If you purchased a mic from any other dealer in the USA and it was D.O.A. would they say "send it back for a refund minus shipping"...? I think not.

KD8IIC

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »

Used from Radio-Mart. It's a pretty neat scam when you consider how insidious it is.He sells me a non-working purported working Collins receiver for $600 plus $28 UPS shipping. $28 UPS charges were found to be honest. I get a radio that won't power up but decide to have it repaired and keep it after argument with Martyn. My MC statement arrives with the original charge of $628 listed Plus a Second non-invoiced and not agreed to charge for $30. So even if I did return his junk, he's Still profiting $30!
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2013, 04:03:08 AM »

So, dispute the charge.  Not just to get the money back--but to give the guy the same headaches that he gives you and everyone else. 
KD8IIC

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2013, 10:42:42 PM »

Master Card said he couldn't just do that.Me facing illness at the time needed no more volatility in my life that week so I let it slide.Martyn will face judgement day just like I will. 73
KC9MSG

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2013, 07:52:56 PM »

I just purchased a Baofeng uv-5ra thru radio mart that was fulfilled by amazon. I am very impressed with the quick shipping i got as well as the quality of the unit. granted it was new in the box but I would order from radio mart again if i needed too.
KD8IIC

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2013, 09:43:51 PM »

Good luck with that...Two very reputable dealers in New and Used amateur gear are R&L in Hamilton, Ohio and Universal in Reynoldsburg/Columbus, Ohio. R&L will ship that day when ordered by phone before 1830z and I have it next day.Universal not so quick. Both stand behind their new as well as used and I am well pleased every transaction. 73.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2013, 04:49:45 AM »

I just purchased a Baofeng uv-5ra thru radio mart that was fulfilled by amazon. I am very impressed with the quick shipping i got as well as the quality of the unit. granted it was new in the box but I would order from radio mart again if i needed too.

You didn't get anything from radiomart.  All radiomart was for that sale was a 'front'.  The radio was shipped from the warehouse directly to you.  The involvement of radio mart was only a sort of a 'clearing house' for your money.  IOW, radiomart got paid for passing your money along to the real seller, so good 'ol Martyn didn't get his hands on your radio.

I think that that kind of situation is the only time radiomart acts fairly--when they're forced to.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2013, 09:13:57 AM »

It looks as if it is all shipped directly from radio-mart .....
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2013, 12:55:50 PM »

And there may some out there who say, "Ted Bundy was nice to me, I never had any problems with him."  Of course that would not change the fact that he was a mass murderer.  Likewise, just because a couple of people claim good experiences with Radio-Mart does not make it a reputable outfit. 

No thanks.  David Hannum's quote (often attributed to P.T. Barnum) comes to mind...

Vince
KC9DRE

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2013, 12:07:08 AM »

Whew! Thank heaven for eHam.net!
I almost pulled the triggered and purchased a "like new" FT-897D from Radio-Mart. Then I did some research here.
While he may or may not be a trustworthy reseller, I will use my better judgement and shop elsewhere.
There are way too many negative reviews here regarding his sales practices.
The deal is not that good to take a chance. Wink

I inquired about that same rig...  a new one from GigaParts for about 50 more with sep kit AND a warranty.... \
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: