Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio-Mart Sales & Service!!!  (Read 27924 times)
K4RYR

Ignore
« on: March 07, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »

Within the last week I purchased a used Kenwood TS-940S from Martyn at Rado-Mart and I am here to tell you that all the bad press that he has been getting is "Totally Unfounded"!!!  The radio arrived in beautiful condition and operates flawlessly, it was an excellent deal and I could not be happier with my purchase.  So all the previous negative postings about Radio-Mart should be ignored....he is a very valid reseller of ham equipment and very sensitive to the buyers satisfaction!!!  Of course there are always those that couldn't be happy no matter what you do for them....and unfortunately we have quite a few of them in the amateur radio comunity!!!

I would buy from Radio-Mart again in a hearbeat!!!  He does stand behind his sales and service without a doubt! 
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 01:56:13 PM »

Unless of course you live in Russia.

See:  http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,81388.0.html

Are you telling us all this guy ( along with hundreds of others ) is all wrong and just a "whiner" who likes to make trouble ?

Have you ever Googled "radio-mart" and read all of the other horror stories ? Or are you just assuming that because since you got a good deal ( and I am glad you did ) that everyone else has been treated the same as you ?
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 06:10:50 AM »

Well, since there have been so many horror stories about this dealer, the only things that could have happened in the order of their likelyhood is:

1.  You got lucky.
2.  You're a friend of his.
3.  He gave you a deal so you would post something like this.
4.  He's changing his ways--which is doubtful.

When you say ALL the previous postings should be ignored, are you really trying to tell us that every other person who has been stiffed by this dealer is full of it?  Don't even try, because nobody is going to believe you anyway.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 06:12:50 AM by K1CJS » Logged
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 07:38:29 AM »

See this new thread:

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=11024
KT4WO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 09:39:54 AM »

K4RYR is now on my "do not deal with" list....

He must be a buddy of radio-mart.

KT4WO

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 08:39:27 AM »

See this new thread:

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=11024

Why?  It's just a repeat of this thread's original poster about how Radio Mart has been 'sadly mislabelled' all these years.  (Yawn.)
WY4J

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 06:25:47 PM »

I don't know much about this guy but his Radio Mart and Martyn have been popping up in the beware sections for quite a few years. I understand he began ripping off hams on Ebay. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. So personally take K4RYR comments with a grain of salt (could be the onset of dementia) and give old Marty a real wide berth as his rap sheet speaks for itself.  Wink
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 08:43:27 AM »

Maybe Mr. Martyn has learned something about Southern Hospitality and is selling the good(Stripped Down) equipment to folks that live within a days drive from his QTH. I guess he does not want to be invited on a Deer Hunt where they strap a pair of antlers to his butt and declare open season Roll Eyes.
KD8IWZ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 04:17:38 PM »

Roland, maybe he could go hunting with Dick Cheney!
KE4YOG

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 04:37:59 PM »

Never bought from him. Have no intention of buying from him. Radio Mart may have wonderful service but one thing I have is learned is that this many people dont complain if no problem exist. The other thing I have found out is that hams will understand some things if you really made a mistake. Saying something is new in box but it is not cant be explained away. I have made mistakes in description before and I have offered all I could offer to get it straight. If I send it and it is different than the way I descirbed or you feel it is different let me know. I will try to make it right. Radio mart seems to not give a damn. Need a new filter? Buy a radio with and remove it and claim it was not in it. Too many bad stories around and too much friction.
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 05:37:57 PM »

Roland, maybe he could go hunting with Dick Cheney!

Heck Ol' Dick was one of them good ol' boys right? Maybe Mr. Martyn should change his name to Richard Head because that sounds more fitting.  Tongue
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 02:55:36 PM »

So all the previous negative postings about Radio-Mart should be ignored....

I typically like to let people know why I'm putting them on 'ignore' here.  Common courtesy and all that. Smiley

WA6MOW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 12:09:13 PM »

I have sold radios to Martyn and bought radios from him.  He is a first class buyer and seller.  I hate to see bad press about him from people who have never dealt with him.
N1RND

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 05:00:12 PM »

I too bought a radio from him a couple of years ago, no problems.  Recently he bought a radio off of me on ebay and was coupletely satisfied with his purchase.
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 04:12:44 AM »

Every once in awhile a blind squirrel will find a nut.  Wink

To humor myself I once contacted him about shipping rates on a radio he had on Ebay. (I had no intentions of buying it after reading the 100's of horror stories about his business)

He quoted me a shipping price that was about 5 times higher than most dealers in the states would charge to ship a radio to Ontario Canada.

Like someone said, if it quacks and swims like a duck, it is a duck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: