Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best CW Software  (Read 1339 times)
K6SI

Ignore
« on: March 26, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »

Hello All: Yes, I can copy CW, but wanted to try a software program with my PC. Any suggestions as to best CW software program, speeds 8-20 wpm. Thanks. Ken K6SI
N3EF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 03:46:39 PM »

www.g4fon.net
N3EF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 03:48:16 PM »

I was a little too quick on the draw there. Do you want practice software, or for decoding/sending cw?

Eric N3EF
K6SI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 04:53:55 PM »

Hello: The software I am looking for is not to practice or learn CW, I can copy CW. Looking for PC based software program that will copy, decode CW, and also allow me to send CW via my PC keyboard (that I already have conected to the transceiver for PSK31 work). Ken K6SI
N3EF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 03:09:52 AM »

http://www.amqrp.org/projects/cwdecod/cwdecod.htm
K4EEG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 01:14:24 PM »

I have had excellent results with CWGet and CWType both available at:

http://www.dxsoft.com/en/products/

CWGet is a very nice receiving program that works better than any other I have used.  I use it exclusively for copying my own code sending practice. The program will instantly show if you are crowding letters or words and will likewise show when you are using correct character spacing.

But don't use it in leiu of copying code in your head or on paper;  if you do, your speed and accuracy will not progress.  That said, I've found it a useful tool for improving my sending by improving timing between letters and between words.

For improving your copying speed, I like NuMorse Pro.  It will send text files to you at whatever speed you want up to 50 Wpm.  I found a list of the 2,000 most frequently used words in the English language and regulary listen to them at about 5 wpm faster than I can comfortably copy. I built my speed from around 15 wpm to its current 35 wpm in three months using this method three or four times a week for 30 mins each.

Best regards  --  Roy, K4EEG
THERAGE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 03:21:26 PM »

G4FON is a good program. Set it at 80 WPM and have fun with it.
WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 08:32:35 AM »

I have tried them all. The best by far is MultiPSK 3.13.  I did not try any versions before that.  It is incredible and has ability to send CW also.  It is free, but registration of a small fee opens up more features. But everything you need for CW is free in MultiPSK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: