Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Base Station Antenna Upgrade  (Read 6464 times)
K9ZM

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 07:10:21 PM »

My Arrow works great.  But it is also 70' in the air.  I did modify it to fit a 2" mast by drilling one more hole in the mast plate and used a DX Engineering saddle clamp to strengthen it.  It's construction is simple and seems to be a better antenna than the high dollar Comet it replaced. 
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 08:46:22 AM »

Ditto on the Arrow J pole antenna (even though it isn't a true J pole)! Mine has been up for years with no maintenance required and has performed excellent. It also doubles as a good scanner antenna with a switch box added for convenience. For $39.99, it could be the last VHF/UHF antenna you will have to buy in your lifetime. I am in a frequent lightning, small tornado and hurricane area here in Florida. A stout antenna is required!  Shocked

If size is a consideration (in case you want to mount it in the attic or for outside stealth) look at the Arrow and Centerfire ground plane antennas, including the Centerfire discone antenna. All are excellent performers, well built and in the $29.00 to $39.00 range.  Grin

I did paint mine with flat black $.99 spray paint for corrosion resistance and stealth.   Cool
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:43:19 PM by KI4SDY » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: