Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FT60R rapid charger  (Read 1940 times)
KB3ZZP

Ignore
« on: January 29, 2013, 01:28:05 PM »

I thought I would pass along some info.  If this was posted prior, my apologies but I scanned the forums and didn't see it.

I recently purchased a new Yaesu FT60R.  I was looking to get the rapid charger and scanned the web for vendors selling the VAC-370B charger.  I found some sites listing it as the "Vertex VAC-370B" and some sites listing it as the "Standard Horizon VAC-370B."  The interesting thing was everywhere that had the "Standard Horizon" name, the price was about $20+ cheaper than the sites that listed it as the "Vertex."  The pictures of all products, regardless of name, are the same.  I called both telephone numbers for Standard Horizon and Yaesu (which I later discovered were the same company) and both techs shared with me that the charger, regardless of name, is the VERY SAME MODEL.  When I shared that the marine div. (Standard Horizon) was cheaper than the amateur div. (Vertex) both techs just laughed.  I assume they have heard that before.

So, if you are like me and cringe at the thought of paying a bunch for this charger, check out the sites that list it as Standard Horizon (such as Overtons.com where the charger is about $20 cheaper... and they have free shipping too).
N2QQE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 05:23:54 PM »

Your information helped me with a purchase of a new Standard Horizon VAC-370B. I found a new one on eBay and it just came in today. I got a great deal and it came in today. After opening the packaging up and looking through the contents I found a AP-1 Adapter Plate with directions showing how to install it into the battery nest to ensure proper alignment of the battery contact with the charge terminals. Cheesy

Thanks for the information. Grin
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:39:43 PM by N2QQE » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: